What gives with whiskey??

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I was partying with some friends last night and I wanted to see what you thought about our little science experiment and to see if you guys had any explanation.

Here goes:

I poured my buddy a single whiskey on ice, and then filled with diet pepsi. There was no foam or bubbles to deal with and the pour went really nice.

Now I poured a regular diet pepsi for one of the DD's yesterday and what the hell, it foams like a dog on rabies.

Now my thought is what is with this, so I pour a double whiskey(for myself ) and put the pop in, no fiz. Tried it with rum, same results, tried it with vodka and there was just a little bubbles nowhere near just straight pop.

So what the heck is with this. Why does diet pepsi with whiskey no fiz??? I can't figure it out.

alcohol kills the carbonation....
rock.gif

RSD.

Carbonic Acid (H2CO3) breaks down into Water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2)

I am thinking that the dangling OH on the EtOH molecule (drinkable alcohol) probably bonds easier with the Hydrogen atom in Carbonic Acid thereby preventing C02 release but producing more H2O as a by-product.

EtOH + H2CO3 >>>> Drunk person + H2O

But hey, what the heck do I know?
firedevil.gif

Because men drink whiskey, kids drink pop. Please do not wreck my good whiskey by adding pop!
all_coholic.gif

the oull of the OH- ions in solution (the alcohol somebody else mentioned) have a stronger affinity for H+ to bond with than the CO3.

if the made cola with a stronger acid it wouldn't happen... substitute HCl, or HNO3 n' you;ll have no more problems,,,, especially if you drink a lot of it.

(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 03 2007,19:29) I wanna punch nuns on whiskey.
That is funny! Have you ever seen a drunk nun... I have let me tell you it is some funny Sh9t.
E

(jessup @ Aug. 04 2007,07:29)
(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 03 2007,19
super.gif
) I wanna punch nuns on whiskey.
That is funny!  Have you ever seen a drunk nun... I have let me tell you it is some funny Sh9t.
E
not recently no...
laugh.gif

But, occasionally I do watch Sister Marry Giggles on TV.
She's always on something. Nasal Spray, vodka....something...it's a riot.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Whenever I pour a Jack and Coke, the ice goes in first, then the Jack and the Coke last and it foams like hell.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back