What did you find out about your Busa at the track?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I am planning to do a track day later this year after the summer heat dies down a bit. I was interested in hearing what was the most surprising thing you learned about the Busa at a track.

Was it a big bull in a china shop? did it turn? Was it a different animal than when it's on the street?

I was amazed by just how forgiving the Busa is on the track. She is as graceful as you are.

258o2204_Cropped.jpg

It does great. You do however need to set it up for success. Bigger tracks are more in the comfort zone for the bike for instance. Some suspension upgrades and set-up for the track are essential. There are numerous others, but like any bike, it all comes down to rider. Think smooth, throttle control and look further ahead.

I am planning to do a track day later this year after the summer heat dies down a bit. I was interested in hearing what was the most surprising thing you learned about the Busa at a track.

Was it a big bull in a china shop? did it turn? Was it a different animal than when it's on the street?

You live in my area! You need to Pm your number!

Things I have learned about the 08 Busa:

Go up 1" in height in the rear... shorter dog bones!

Go to a 190/55r17 rear tire

I went 3 teeth up in the rear... Shorten whell base almost 1/2"

If the stock suspension is set up from the dealer and you didnt touch it.... you need to set it up for your weight...SAG! Mine wasnt set for 2 years and I did it this year.... miles better!

Go to SS brake lines, heavy duty brake fluid... best dot 4 you can buy.. Motul or EBC brake fluid.

Better brakes pads...stock are wooden feeling

Loose weight buy going slip-ons or full system! 33lbs with a full system was removed!

Hope this helps give you an idea! And yes the bike can turn!:rulez::laugh:

Back