What comes after 15?

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
I just turned 15k on my '04 and I'm fixing to do the 15k maintenance stuff~ I noticed this is the last point on my maintenance schedule that came with 'The Book', so was wondering... What comes next?? Is there another, on going, schedule out there somewhere... or does most everyone just do a basic maintenance program every 3k after the 15k one?
Also, at what point is it best to have the valve clearance checked and adjusted accordingly?

Thanks for any and all input....
beerchug.gif

According to my owners manual, the tappet clearance is to be checked @ 14500 miles. I would assume that you simply start over with the schedule. Maybe they don't bother printing the schudule for service up to 50000 miles because so few people actually ride them that long!

wow.gif
Not the damn flux capacitor again! I just had it replaced at 10k...
laugh.gif

...and Wilma knocked over my Tre when she blew through here.. I still haven't planted another yet~
tounge.gif

Thanks Moose! Guess I'm over due to have the clearance checked~ I pretty much figured just starting over on the schedule~ Just needed some reassurance that I was thinking in the right direction~
cool.gif

Change oil and oil filter every 3,750 miles
Change/regap spark plugs every 7,500 miles
Check valves for shimming every 15,000 miles
Clean/replace air filter every 11,000 miles
Replace fork oil every two years.

Basically everything but the air filter/fork oil rotates about the 15,000 mile mark. It keeps it easy;

etc...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131470647 -->

Back