went to install an led "back off" flasher...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
and found the lighting circuit fubar. i pasted the decription from what i sent omar, but if anyone else has had this issue, please chime in. oh, i'm using a clear alternatives brake light that was up until yesterday functional. i unplugged it to start my install, probed the harness connector to find what pin was constant and which was switched, and basically, when the key is turned to the parking light position, i get a 12v constant at the right spot, but the brake lights themselves are non responsive. when the key is turned to the "on" position, whether running or not, both pins have 12v, regardless of whether the brake lever is sqeezed or not. i've tried front and rear brakes and neither is responsive. and that's where i'm stumped. if you have the time or inclination, i would be incredibly grateful for some help.

being that i probed the bike side of the harness not the "light" side, it's not the brake light. in addition to that, when in "on" or "acc", the appropriate light comes on according to the description above.

the brake switch is not responding, and the bright light that comes on when you hit the brakes is constantly on when the key is.

oh, ok did u by chance get the wires mixed when u hooked everything together?

unless im missing something or not understanding completly of ur situation, but there is a line that is always powered when key is turned and then there is the other line that is the brake light itself

Last edited:
the part didn't get installed, the wiring is still stock, i was checking voltage with a multimeter when i noticed.

Is it possible that the brake switches are the negative and close the circuit when hit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omar figured it out. when i installed my buell pegs, i neglected to readjust my brake switch. it was always being triggered. thanks omslaw for catching that. gonna start the install either today or tomorrow.

omar figured it out. when i installed my buell pegs, i neglected to readjust my brake switch. it was always being triggered. thanks omslaw for catching that. gonna start the install either today or tomorrow.
Ogre, did you buy your Buell pegs from GSX1300R-T? - Because his installation instructions specifically state that you need to adjust the brake switch...

That's why it's always good to do one mod at a time, make sure everything's right, then move to the next one...:thumbsup:

Good to know. Something Ill look out for when installing my buell pegs...
Even if it was in the instructions i dont read instructions too much...

Thanks for this thread :thumbsup:

Ogre, did you buy your Buell pegs from GSX1300R-T? - Because his installation instructions specifically state that you need to adjust the brake switch...

wifey unpacked it. didn't get any instructions, lol. i'm sure he sent them, but she tossed them with the invoice. honestly, i wouldn't have read them, i mean what instructions could possibly be necessary to install pegs, lol. that's why i love this forum.

Good to know. Something Ill look out for when installing my buell pegs...
Even if it was in the instructions i dont read instructions too much...

Thanks for this thread :thumbsup:

one team, one fight devil dog. :thumbsup:

Back