Washington Riders

gcal,

Thats some crazy stuff.... I dropped them an email. ummumm

Barry,

Is it a common practice to do burnouts with customers bikes before changing
a tire?

I've read about about this issue on a message board of 75,000 people and being
in Washington DC it makes this issue pretty much Nationwide.
So, make me feel better about taking my bike to a dealership and tell me that this
didn't happen.

Paul J

yeah I'ld be pissed.. I guess you need to always tell them you want the old tire returned
sad.gif

Yeah, that's ridiculous... I can't believe that but i guess it happens... in Canada we have to pay a levy for disposing of old tires when getting new ones installed, I wonder if they probably charged him for that too.

Those guys need to be tared and feathered... (I'm being nice, cause this is a family oriented board).

man, that thread is over 18 pages long now.... i'm off to read it...   last page shows some yamaha CS Rep posting.

Here's a snippet from page 11:

Just thought I'd check in and see how the little gathering outside your shop is going. Believe me, if I lived a little closer I would be there even if I had to drive 500 miles to get there. See, one thing you may not understand is that motorcycle riders stick together tighter than any other group out there. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley, Ducati, it doesn't matter... we are all united because of our common interests. Add to this the internet, which makes the whole world fit in the palm of our hands, and you have a serious problem, Al. As I'm sure you are aware by now, the topic of Ken Fisher and the burnout that you did with his bike has gone GLOBAL. People all over the world have chimed in their support, and believe me.. this support will have grim circumstances for you and your business.

<!--EDIT|Iced
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090420783 -->

after reading all that BS about "Al's" , this thread popped up on an F150 BB. I can't believe some of this stuff dealers pull... Yeah, there are good ones, but the bad ones really do stick out.

Don't think this is an isolated case. It is very common for techs to do stupid stunts on customer's bikes and showroom new bikes. There is a Honda dealer right next door from me where yesterday as I was leaving a tech was doing wheelies in the very small parking lot on a new bike. I see it happen at three other local dealers here, too.

Trusting any dealer to do the right thing pure apathy on anyone's part. If you can't do it yourself, you had better know the guy who will very, very well. Otherwise you will get screwed on service, on parts, and on price.

Oh, and here's another thought. If the dealer you go to has a written policy never to let customers into the shop area, maybe you should find another dealer.
wink.gif

In my experience, small performance shops are the place to go for any kind of service. Generally, they love what they do, and just making money wasn't the very first thought on their mind when they entered the business.

Back