WANT PIPE DO I GET

Fat Boy

Registered
HI ALL. I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE KENTUCKY DERBY THIS PASS WEEKEND AND I ALMOST WAS HIT BY A CAR. I JUST GOT THE BUSA AND I WAS TRING TO KEEP IT STOCK THE FIRST YEAR  SO I COULD GET THE BIKE DOWN BEFORE I GOING ADDING MORE POWER. BUT THAT WAS IT, I NEED A PIPE IF JUST FOR SAFETY. SO WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS DO I GO HINDLE OR IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE.     P.S. I KNOW I TYPE BAD  SO DON'T START NONE WON'T BE NONE

BDE gen 3
HMF
Akropavic
Muzzy
All good systems

BDE has em beat over all.

Or if ya just want louder.....go with D&D boltons.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083649854 -->

If you don't want to spend a whole lot of money, and are just looking for a lot more volume than stock (not overly obnoxious though) try the D&D bolt ons. I think they look decent also.

Don't buy a ppe just to be heard. Some cars will not hear yo anyway. D&D is loud ad so is 2Brothers. I like your power justification though. ;D

Two Brothers or Muzzy most bang for your buck!
Akro, Hindle, BDE if performance is your thing (Money no object)

Yeah ... after hearing Postal's D & D's ... I'd agree that they are the loudest I've heard so far! However, unless the cagers have their windows down and the music turned down ... still going to be hard for them to hear you coming on the highway.

DJ

DJsBanner.jpg

Try an air horn...that always seems to get their attention. Plus no added horsepower(not that horsepower is a bad thing by any means).

Postal's did sound good...
smile.gif

But, if you want to do something cheaper, try drilling holes in your stock exhaust...my husband recently took my stock pipes apart and drilled 3 big holes inside of them (wish I could tell you exactly what he did and have pics, but I was busy doing something else at the time...sort of missed it all!)

They are louder, and if I want them even louder, all he needs to do is drill more holes...

I'm so technical, huh? I'll get more details from him on what he did...might help you out right now over spending the bones on something else...
wink.gif

Don't buy a ppe just to be heard.  Some cars will not hear yo anyway.  D&D is loud ad so is 2Brothers.  I like your power justification though.  ;D
I'm with Ninja...............it sounds like a good justification if you're trying to sell the idea to your wife or something.....but the cars still won't hear you until you've already moved past their front end.....................Do the mod for the performance or volume gain!!!

If your looking for a pipe that not only sounds good, but performs well and looks good.... Say no more.....
HMF BigBird will put a check in any box........
P1010088.jpg

IMO this is by far the best sounding pipe on the market, and it'll give you the ponies to go with it....

If your looking for a pipe that not only sounds good, but performs well and looks good.... Say no more.....
HMF BigBird will put a check in any box........
P1010088.jpg

IMO this is by far the best sounding pipe on the market, and it'll give you the ponies to go with it....
I'm runnin a bigbird too.
Haze is deffinately right......nastiest soundin pipe on the market bar none...for sure......no question....end of discussion.

FATBOY... GUESS U RODE IN THE RAIN ALL WEEKEND?
IM HERE IN LOUISVILLE. DID U GO DOWN TO 11TH ON SUNDAY.?
MUZZY IS CHEAP AND LOUD .... HINDLE FOR PERFORMACE... HMF BIGBIRD ALSO..
GOOD LUCK.

My personal preference is Yoshimura. I like the look and the sound for the Tri-Oval Duplex (R146RRD-TRI)

I like my Micron cans......but noise ain't gonna get you noticed any quicker by the cagers.

D&D bolt ons,.But a friend of mine bought D&D race slip ons, and they sound just like an old KZ 1000. at idle, but with the throttle open, man those pipes really scream.

<!--EDIT|Stallion
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083691321 -->

Micron. Awesome look, awesome quality, great value, deep rumble at idle, screams like a F1 when you give it the goose.

Just like a sleeping dragon at idle - as the Busa should be. Disturb it or call it to duty and listen to it roar!

Back