Vibration

amad

Registered
Do any of you guys get a serious vibration in the seat when accelerating in 1st gear? When I get over about 8,000 rpm, my seat is vibrating/tickling my "boys"
laugh.gif
so bad, I can't stand it. Anybody else notice this?

...sorry , but I have no way of knowing when your "boys" are tickled.

"They see you rollin, on your busa, controlling, trying to catch you riding dirty" (sung to Ridin)
cool.gif

I think at 8,000 rpms in 1st gear u'd be feeling some vibes, don't blow your engine trying to do it repeatedly though, get a woman for petes sake!
laugh.gif

Busa seats are covered with foam padding and are rubber mounted, man either you got some extra sensitive boys or maybe someone stole all your rubber seat mounts.
laugh.gif

...they sell seats for just that....but they usually go on the back

Never had that problem on my ole Busa. But I get that all the time on my Gixx.

Is your chain too tight
rock.gif
........I'm in and out of 8,000 all the time in first, and don't get the "tickle" you're talking about......not even close. Better start looking the bike over......

I have frined who's Busa does the same thing! It's a 02 though with only about 6,000 miles on it! You you fix the problem let us know!

I never noticed a vibration, when high into the rpm. Figures, I can't get nothin to play with my boys now days, not even my own bike, that's a crying shame !!!!

I had this problem when I first bought my 06 LE. I started invistigation and found that one of the plastic pieces on the bottom of the seat that holds it down was not in it's bracket. I reatached the seat and it went away.
werd.gif

Amad, I know this doesn't sound right, but when that happened to me, I cured it by backing off rear shock spring preload slightly coupled with one click less compression damping. Also, never ride naked. (kidding about the last part) Raydog

Ummm me dont think the vibes are coming through the seat, I find all the good vibes when my boys are pressed up against the tank! And yes I like it
firedevil.gif

Lift up your gas tank and check the screw that connects the air box to the frame. Mine was stripped from either the factory or the dealer when it was new, the screw was just sitting on top of the frame.

Do any of you guys get a serious vibration in the seat when accelerating in 1st gear?  When I get over about 8,000 rpm, my seat is vibrating/tickling my "boys"  
laugh.gif
so bad, I can't stand it.  Anybody else notice this?
Check your chain and sprockets pronto. A loose/tight chain, or worn chain/sprockets will do that. Thats the bikes way of saying help
winkold.gif

Don't mess with vibrations...they can be a sign of very bad things to come
wowold.gif
You don't want a get off because of parts failure........
If you can pull your chain more than halfway off the rear teeth of the back sprocket, its new chain time
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Back