USMC Bumper Stickers

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Save water, shower with a Marine

Be Safe, Sleep with a Marine

Heaven won't take us and Hell's afraid we'll take over.

USMC: When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight.

When in doubt, empty the magazine.

To err is human, to forgive is divine, however neither is Marine Corps
policy.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

There are two types of people: Marines, and those that wish they were.

Martyrs or Marines, who do you think will get the virgins?

All men are created equal, then some become Marines.

It's not an attitude problem, we are that good.

U.S. Marines: Travel agents to Allah.

First Iraq, then France.

We're Marines, we took Iwo Jima, Baghdad ain't poop." (Gen. Kelly)

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden, it's our job to arrange the meeting.

Sergeants think their only flaw is their excessive modesty.

Except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, war has
never solved anything."

One slogan that I kept in mind in training:

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

My favorite two are:

When in doubt, empty the magazine.

(that's my philosophy!)

We're Marines, we took Iwo Jima, Baghdad ain't poop." (Gen. Kelly)

comment: how true-- my ole gramps was at Imo and the s. pacific... He didn't like to talk about his time overseas much (when I got back from boot he told me a few over a few beers), all I can say is those marines earned the title of Marines and then some! They made many modern day warriors look like wusses.

When I got out of boot camp I saw a t-shirt (that I never got, rats) that read:

The United States Marine Corps gives the enemy the perfect opportunity to die for their country.

The “pain is weakness leaving the bodyâ€￾ is what we have been telling the football teams that I help coach.

Right now, new season, just starting, the kids all seem like they are afraid to get hurt, and they are just slugging around., me and this other coach last night were showing the kids how to run and block, we were hitting each other, with no pads on, (almost bit my tongue in half once lol, going to bring a mouth piece tonight) And at one point we made them sprint up a hill, they were so slow moving we made them run again, but this time I ran and told them not one of them better be behind me when we get back.

All the kids ran faster than they did the previous run, but I was still the first one back.

Going to be a long season lol.

Yeah, and nothing at all against our current warriors, but the Vietnam warriors, WW II, WW I, Korea and everything before, they are some hard core people. Hardly any body armor, very little protection of any kind. I mean war is war and no matter what, dangerous stuff, but I often wonder if I would have had the balls to do some of the stuff our fore fathers did. I mean I would hope I would. But they were some tough people.

Our current troops however have impressed the hell out of me. After 9/11 and before we went into Afghanistan, I was worried our current military would not have the balls or the nerve to do what they have done, I honestly thought we were going to get our asses handed to us in Afghanistan. The mountains, cold, the lack of respect for life that the Taliban had.

I was not only blown away that we accomplished what we did, but I was blown away at the speed of it.

I am more proud of our troops now than I have ever been and they have showed the world that we are tough and our men and women in the armed service can handle sustained combat

I hope that came out as the compliment it was meant to be..

Marines are the most peculiar breed of human beings. Marines treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he was a god, and making wierd animal noises like a band of savages. We will fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest SOB's you will ever know. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but our high spirits and sense of brotherhood set us apart. United States Marines you come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men you will meet.

Semper Fi

Your compliment came across. When reflecting, it is really hard to compare modern day folks with those of yesterday. There is no doubt our current soldiers are the most technologically advanced and best trained fighting force we have ever had. My comment regarding my gramps's service and the Marines of yesteryear was cast more in the "grit" and "resolve" those men had. Those guys defined the marine spirit in mind and body. I would like to think our current armed forces would endure the casualty rates and hardships of those prior, but I'm just not sure. Hell if a boot gets slapped nowa days, the DI's career is ruined and law suits are sure to follow. When I was in it seemed a lot of my fellow Marines were in not to be shaped into an elite fighting force, but because they were looking for a college ticket and were disadvanted. Nothing against that personally, but when I'm in a hot zone I would rather have an old school marine watching my back rather than someone just interested in a free boat to state U, couldn't take a few slaps, or felt they were being verbally harassed. I'm speaking about the military in a very genenic sense here... The SF soldiers/marines of today, I would stack against any fighting force either of today or any period.

As for your football coaching-- good luck! I'm continually amazed at how outa shape our teens our. When a guy in there late thirties can beat out 90% of the kids trying to get into the service-- it's a sad state of affairs. Football is a great sport and one in which discipline, strength, and speed win the game-- not unlike combat in that sense. Give 'em hell.

poppa,

As I try tell everyone, I ain't cocky or arrogant, I'm just right!

Are you still sporting your high and tight?
smile.gif

I can agree with the statement "college ticket". However, there are alot of Marines that were after the intangilbles. Pride of belonging, Self Discipline, Self Direction, and all the leadership traits, ie loyalty, bearing, tact, judgement, etc. There are many more intangibles. This type of Marine is what makes the Marine Corps.

Thrasher, good luck on your up coming season.

Remember

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Semper Fi

Yep.. when ever I meet a Marine or prior active Marine, it is like meeting a long lost brother. I allways feel a connection. And just like a brother, I would give my life for any Marine at the drop of a hat if needed.

Once a Marine always a Marine

Semper Fi

I joined for the most foolish reason of all-- to follow in the footsteps. I tossed aside a full boat schol. at 17 1/2 and joined much to the chagrin of my folks. I grew up listening to my dad (Army SF Vietnam) agrue with my gramps who had the tougher go of it-- I always was enamored with the corps tales and my godfather (retired USMC 1986--after 30 years) certainly sealed my fate. They both had the marine emblems tattoed on their forearms. They both (godfather and gramps)passed away in the last 5 or so years. I miss em em both!

FYI, I hate needles so I never got mine.

thrash: I agree with the brotherhood 100%-- my discussion was/is academic. Now that I think bout it, the differences are probably societal. If you look back on some of your own posts in our previous threads, you'll know what I mean. For whatever reason, our mindset is quite different as a country now when compared to before-- even in war, which we are in regardless of how people act/talk.

After ( so far ) 7 years of active duty I would say that I would much rather have the "old breed" Marines beside and behind me than the majority of what I see coming through now days. I love them all as brothers in arms but simply cannot understand or really tolerate the amount of complaining that I hear out of our younger Marines. Personally I say ditch about half of the tech and put training back to where it should be; hard, miserable, and ultimately enjoyable at the end!

excellent points made by everyone. My pops did 27yrs in the marine corps and i have the utmost respect for him, hell i even chose to follow in his footsteps..... well not exactly im in the Air Force, brand new Lt. Yeah i know right everyone wants to be a marine but nobody wants to be a marine. After growin up on marine corp bases my whole life and spending 6 mths with the AF you can really tell that their is a differently lvl of commitment between the two. I wish i was a marine but am glad that im an airman.

Air Power!!!!

After ( so far ) 7 years of active duty I would say that I would much rather have the "old breed" Marines beside and behind me than the majority of what I see coming through now days. I love them all as brothers in arms but simply cannot understand or really tolerate the amount of complaining that I hear out of our younger Marines. Personally I say ditch about half of the tech and put training back to where it should be; hard, miserable, and ultimately enjoyable at the end!
Vincent -

Your comment and snakes comments earlier is why I was worried when we first went into Afghanistan.

As it was mentioned earlier, it seems as though more troops these days join not so much to serve the military as they do as a means to an end, such as learning a trade, getting tuition assistance towards college. Which is great!! I mean everyone should take advantage of whatever they can to get a head in life.

But what bugs me is when people whine that "I joined so I could get money for college, not to put up with this crap!!"

In other words, they are willing to take, but not give.

And there is no way I am insinuating all are like that because they are not, our troops kick but.. but we are being to soft on them.

When a parent whines and cries about there little Johnny getting the crap kicked out of him in boot camp, I want to kick the crap out of the parent.

Better to have the kid have his head knocked around in boot so he can get it on straight than to have it shot off in combat because his head was up his a$$. But some parents just don’t get it.. And the kids are suffering for it.

The Military is not a joke, and it is not just a job, it is serious business.

We in the United States are currently witnessing a lot of changes here, Morality being shot to heck, people not taking responsibilities for their own action, always trying to blame someone else for their own screw ups. And kids walking all over parents and being allowed to run wild.

All I can say is not my boys. And I wish other parents would wake the heck up and start showing some balls and raising their kids like they should, for one stop babying them. Make them do things for themselves as early as possible. Stop doing things for them, stop letting them get away with crap, stat MAKING them be respectful of others.

Dang, went off on a rant. But yeah, some junior troops need to have a wake up call. But only some, I work with military all day everyday and most of the troops I work with have their head on straight and don’t whine much.

Thrash-- you summed up my thoughts nicely. Ironically, I went to the mall last and sat down to eat a slice of pizza. In the food court was an armed forces recruiting station (USMC, Army, AF).  In red lights -- the message: "Guarenteed job in your guarenteed field of training." This kind of message re-enforces the message, join the military for school/get a job mentality. It should read, "we will mold u into a world class soldier/marine and you'll also have the opportunity for training and education if you have additional energy and motivation left over "

him: USMC training ain't all that hard. Sure there some annoyances and discomfort, but overall it's fairly easy physically. I found it more of a mental challenge... (I gota eat this..., I gota listen to this guy bark in my face..., I gota put up with xyz moron recruit who can't keep his mouth shut, my ole suzie rotten crotch is sending me nice ole letters w/ pics-- why I am here and not in the sack rigt now!, etc, etc). The first night tho will be forever etched in my memory. Get off the bus around 7PM, feet on the red footsteps, getting shuffled around all night getting gear, boots, etc. SWEAT, no shower, hair from the buzz cuts stuck to our itching bodies. We were so exhausted that first morning our platoon missed morning chow call-- don't ask me how. Believe me when the DI realized this we were in a world of hurt at the start of DAY 2.

If I was u, I get out of the AF ASAP and re-enlist in the USMC before it's too late for u. The AF is a bunch of fatbody civilians dressed in military clothing.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092929384 -->

If I was u, I get out of the AF ASAP and re-enlist is the USMC before it's too late for u. The AF is a bunch of fatbody civilians dressed in military clothing.
Snake - lol

Reminds me of when I was in Puerto Rico.

My squadron was there fro joint training. Our living area was the tents we put up right next to the flight line. High heat, high humidity, mosquito’s everywhere (I hate mesquitos) MRE’s for lunch and Dinner (had a cooked breakfast)

Had our shower tent within 50 feet of my living tent. Our maintenance area was made up of tents about 100 yards from our living tents.

So, this is our “environment†for the 3 weeks we are there.

At this point I was a Corporal, had been in for 3 years.

So after work I walk / hitch hike up the hill to go the club on base, hang out there, get hammered.

(I walked because none of us had any cars, no rental cars, no military vehicles to use, nothing, all we had were flight line vehicles which I couldn’t really take to the club lol)

So at about 2300 I head back down the hill, walking mainly, this car pulls over and there is a guy and girl in the car, they ask me if I want a ride, I said sure.

After talking to these two, I find out they are both in the air force, have only been in like 6 months, they were both E-2’s

The Air Force gave them their own rental cars (as E-2’s) and they were leaving the club going back to their condo out in town that the Air Force had acquired for their living requirements.

The Navy facility’s were not up to Air Force standards.

I am like drunk and thinking.. wait… I am an NCO, living in a tent, working in a tent, showering in a tent and these boots are too good to even stay in Navy Barracks!!!

I mean I really couldn’t get mad at them, I just had to laugh

So yeah, while I have respect for all branches, and all branches have a job to do, and they all do it well, I have personal satisfaction and pride that I was a Marine

I will add however, Air Force police / security is nothing to mess with. those people dont play, they are almost worse and more intense than MAR DET on a carrier. They will jack you up in a heart beat and they have no problems with putting a bullet in you if you dont do exactly what you are told to do.

We were on det somwhere and there was this Air Force plane on the tarmat, they had a large area roped off.

Me and a few other Marines were working night check and was going to the flight line to check on one of our birds, one of the guys walked across this "roped off" area.

There was no one around, dark, couldnt see anyone, hear anything, the guy was across the line for like 5 seconds and out of nowhere fricken Air Force police come up, guns out and slamming the guy on the round.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092925585 -->

Back