Upgradeing brake lines?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
I'm putting braided brake lines on my bike and for the front brakes do they need to be reverse bleed to work or dose normal bleeding work for them?

Just wana know so if i should get the back bleeder or take it to the dealer so i don't have the hassle

As far a I know it can be done both ways. With every other bike I have had I have been able to bleed the brakes from the top down with no problems. The exception was the FJ1200 I have. It has a nasty habit of trapping air and I have a hell of a time getting it out. Best way I found was to buy a MityVac & give it hell! Probably haven't helped out with your question much, but I haven't gotten to tinker with the busa yet!!
biggrin.gif

I bled mine the normal way at the bottom. Just like a car pump the brakes hold them and crack the bleeder. Another trick I have hurd of but haven't tried myself yet is to hold the brake lever thight over night and that will let the air escape. Use a zip tie or something like that.

Not sure what you mean by reverse bleed.
I just installed Galfer ss fronts and bled with Mityvac going back and forth from right and left caliper twice. Brake lever is now high and hard. Used Valvoline Synpower DOT4.

you bleed them just like a car. It does take a lot longer to do it though, there is a lot of pumping on the lever to get all the air out. Tokk me about 30 min to get it all out

reverse bleed is when you actually have to push fluid from the bleeders on the brakes back up into the resivor there are some cars that this is required on and you can't do it any other way i had a 750 honda that had to be done this way makes it kinda a pain when you don't have the equipment to do it

I used a mityvac and it was a piece of cake. I replaced front brake lines rear brake line and clutch line all with goodridge stainless lines and it took me about 2 hours start to finish...
biggrin.gif

I put my on the way they were stock. I opened the bleeder on the right side, put in brake fluid and waited for it to start flowing out...then closed it. then opened the left side until it started flowing out. Then I did it the standard way. few pumps and I was good

question for UU

You installed the replacement lines the same way as the stock lines?

I got rid of all that stuff attached to the fender and routed two lines from the the master cylinder, the longer to the left and the shorter to the right.

question for UU

I got rid of all that stuff attached to the fender and routed two lines from the the master cylinder, the longer to the left and the shorter to the right.
Some kits don't come with the longer upper bolt and you have to connect them like the factory did or buy the longer bolt seperate.

question for UU

Yeah I did route them the same as stock...and I'm going to change that to run both to the master cylinder. The slack going over the fender is really irritates me when I look down through the forks. The Goodridge kit came with both screws..whether you want to double them up top or down below. I beleive the one with the holes in-line is for up top and the offset is for doubling at the caliper.

Back