Updated Pics

Very nicely done.
thumbs-up.gif

too nice a bike to be wrapped up in one of those ugly tank bras.

wtf do you people see in them

there are other ways to protect the tank than wrapping it in leather.

it is 2005, we have other materials at our disposal

moX

How do you like that tobin?
I like it.  The seat itself is comfortable.  My problem is that my leg has cramped a few times since installation.  The leg is bent slightly more due to the lower seat height.  I'm not tall (5'10").  I still have a stock seat which I may continue to use for spirited driving.  But for cruising or drag racing it is an excellent seat.  Good quality.

<!--EDIT|soon2be
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117726450 -->

There may be other ways to protect the tank and I'm not going to rule out trying them.  I've had good experiences with the tank bras.  Had one on all my bikes and no scratches.  I ride up against the tank quite often and full coverage gives me piece of mind against scratches.  Does the tankslapper cover the entire rear of the tank?  I read one post, not long ago, that mentioned the tankslapper did not look good on dark colors.  True?  I agree, it does look better without the bra, but you know what they say.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

<!--EDIT|soon2be
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117726563 -->

Each to their own but I have seen and owned a lot of bikes that have gone a lot of miles without getting a scratch on the tank with not much more than a think crotch area tank protector.

I just think it is overkill and detracts from that sweet looking bike of yours.

I just wish we had got the LE's over here in OZ.

moX

too nice a bike to be wrapped up in one of those ugly tank bras.

there are other ways to protect the tank than wrapping it in leather.

it is 2005, we have other materials at our disposal

moX
have you tried on on your busa?

if you ride with jeans, the tank bra makes it very easy to squeeze the tank with your legs without slipping around, helps in relieving the arms during long rides.
I never used mine for protection, but for ride comfort.

Back