Updated Jepp pics

ditchdr

Registered
Well it took me a while, but I found the time to get the lift installed. So as a reminder, here is what she looked like when I got her.

Playinginthemud011.jpg

And now same tires ( more on that in a min) but with a 4inch Rough Country lift. Man she rides like a tater wagon. Also having some trouble keeping it in 2nd gear. Seems when the angle of the trans is adjusted to fix the angle on the rear drive shaft it moves the shifter back ever so slightly causing it to hit the floor pan and not go fully into gear.. I can fix it with a dremel, but I have plans for a new powertrain..

jepOrielly.jpg

Anyhow yesterday the lawns were still to wet to be mowed ( see how to get a mower stuck) So I went to get the 35x13.5x15's I got put on. I went to 4 different shops and 3 were slammed packed and could not get to me the other one said the dont install "big" tires.. SO maybe today after work I can get them put on. Then the susp will be done and I can move on to the motor.

As for the drivetrain I am still up in the air. I know I want a v-8 and love the power of a LS motor.. I just have not been able to find a swap kit for it.. If I cant find one I will go with a SBC 383/700R4 backed by a Atlas II transfer case.. SO if you know of a kit,, please let me know..

Nice lookin job done so far on the jeep! Would like to see some pics of the progress when you start the motor swap.

Looks like a good start, but you would have been better off starting with a full size Brocno! :poke: Probably should look into swapping the axles if you will be running 35's before you get too concerned with the powerplant.. A common swap is Dana 40 front and Ford 8.8 rear--rear out of a Ford Exploere with rear disc brakes. I would look at pirate4x4.com for a lot more info.

I have a Dana 40 in the front and a 44 out back. I think I have all the parts I need to do the rear disk swap. But I still have to convert it over to power brakes first.

Oh and of course my ultra trick, tripple race, shifter boot lol.. For some reason they sent me a extra shock boot.

shifterboot.jpg

Back