Update on the Chalfer Rotors and Brake Pads

He probably just let off the throttle and it stopped.:poke:

Its not your typical harley. Actually looked decent and didnt leak anything like the one other hardley there. Nice bike really, not my style but nice. It was some brand spankin new shiny thing. Didnt even bother to ask what model it was.

I like the thread sir.......I already have Chazzo levers and Charbon Ciber dash covers. Was thinkin bout Pashnits "PFR" rotors cause they look sweet and they perform (from what I read) but they do cost approx 400$. You got me second guessing on these Chinese rotors off ebay. Half the price and same performance???? why not.....................................................................................................................I kind of want them. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I like the thread sir.......I already have Chazzo levers and Charbon Ciber dash covers. Was thinkin bout Pashnits "PFR" rotors cause they look sweet and they perform (from what I read) but they do cost approx 400$. You got me second guessing on these Chinese rotors off ebay. Half the price and same performance???? why not.....................................................................................................................I kind of want them. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you have the money to spend, support Pashnit. This is merely a cost effective way to replace or upgrade your rotors on a budget.

That's cool you like the china rotors. I myself have seen how cheap china products are made. I'll use their levers and stuff but cannot bring myself to use the rotors. Mainly the fact I have the luck of the dammed and my rotors would fail right when I needed them. The one area if I could change would be the rivet material holding the floating rotors together. If that could be updated I would use them. That's just me though.

Where's Tuff?:rofl:

Not to worry Big Guy, I'm paying attention. I watch with sincere curiosity as to how people think and function when it comes to making choices between safety, performance and $$$$$.

As it appears to me the guys on the lower end of the skill spectrum readily jump on the cheap chicon train and the ones on the upper end are happy to spend more $$$ on premium products when it comes to performance parts.

Personally, I've never witnessed a single "Better than average" rider with chicon brakes. In my view the chicon goodies are purchased more for glitter than performance.

Are far as YOU Big Fella, ride like my old 87 year old grandma the chicon goods will work just fine for you too! :tongue4:

Not to worry Big Guy, I'm paying attention. I watch with sincere curiosity as to how people think and function when it comes to making choices between safety, performance and $$$$$.

As it appears to me the guys on the lower end of the skill spectrum readily jump on the cheap chicon train and the ones on the upper end are happy to spend more $$$ on premium products when it comes to performance parts.

Personally, I've never witnessed a single "Better than average" rider with chicon brakes. In my view the chicon goodies are purchased more for glitter than performance.

Are far as YOU Big Fella, ride like my old 87 year old grandma the chicon goods will work just fine for you too! :tongue4:

I believe you meant to say chicom. I could be wrong though.

Tufbusa said:

There is a first time for everything :beerchug:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Bought mine today....guess we'll see how they make out on track day! I don't need to buy a name...I need performance....

SWEEET!!! I keep harping on the ABS brakes whipping the dog snot out of regular brakes with non-professional riders. This is just one more reason for ABS on street driven bikes. Maybe Suzuki will add them next year? Might happen, if we are lucky........

SWEEET!!! I keep harping on the ABS brakes whipping the dog snot out of regular brakes with non-professional riders. This is just one more reason for ABS on street driven bikes. Maybe Suzuki will add them next year? Might happen, if we are lucky........

A big heavy Harley with what I'de assume(but could be wrong)to have rock hard low performance stock tires on it, outbraking lighter sportbikes which most likely have better braking components anyway(aside from the abs)! Sorry, I'm not beliveing the abs on that bike is that good. I'm not saying anyone is a bad rider, I just think the sportbike riders need more practice.
Abs has it's practical reasons, but for performance riding, I'll happily do without.
A good stoppie or kicking out the rear from hard braking can get you out of trouble just the same as it can get you into it.
Abs also cancels as soon as you let off brake pressure, so if you jam on the brakes in a panic, then let off, if you apply them again immediately the abs is off.
I'm not saying abs isn't good, or that if you have 2 otherwise identical bikes, one with abs, one without, that you'll outbrake the one with it in a straight line either. I just think the sales hype of abs appeals more to those who'll only ride their Busa in C mode in the rain.
Don't like your Busa's brakes? Get some Ebc extreme pro pads, ss lines and levers that are comfortable for Your hand. Now practice, you'll be amazed at how well it'll stop.:beerchug:

Bought mine today....guess we'll see how they make out on track day! I don't need to buy a name...I need performance....

Russell clearly stated he couldn't out brake a Harley with his upgraded chicom brakes and you are purchasing these things because you want performance? :dunno:

Please tell me it ain't so!

Couldn't out brake a Harley for God Sake! :rofl:

A big heavy Harley with what I'de assume(but could be wrong)to have rock hard low performance stock tires on it, outbraking lighter sportbikes which most likely have better braking components anyway(aside from the abs)! Sorry, I'm not beliveing the abs on that bike is that good. I'm not saying anyone is a bad rider, I just think the sportbike riders need more practice.
Abs has it's practical reasons, but for performance riding, I'll happily do without.
A good stoppie or kicking out the rear from hard braking can get you out of trouble just the same as it can get you into it.
Abs also cancels as soon as you let off brake pressure, so if you jam on the brakes in a panic, then let off, if you apply them again immediately the abs is off.
I'm not saying abs isn't good, or that if you have 2 otherwise identical bikes, one with abs, one without, that you'll outbrake the one with it in a straight line either. I just think the sales hype of abs appeals more to those who'll only ride their Busa in C mode in the rain.
Don't like your Busa's brakes? Get some Ebc extreme pro pads, ss lines and levers that are comfortable for Your hand. Now practice, you'll be amazed at how well it'll stop.:beerchug:

He was a decent rider, had softer dunlop tires ss lines. And yes that Harley does brake that good unfortunately due to it being a 750 lb bike and it doesn't endo so he also can use a rear brake.

If I put Q2s on my busa I guarantee I could've stopped just as well. I couldn't stop any harder without front tire skid on my harder compound angels

He was a decent rider, had softer dunno tires ss lines. And yes that Harley does brake that good unfortunately due to it being a 750 lb bike and it doesn't endo so he also can use a rear brake.

Oh, it'll endo...I guarantee it!:beerchug:

Back