Undertail ?s

Anger_mgmt

Registered
Hows it goin guys been lurking around for a while and have found just about answer to my ?s here. but my ? is if i was to remove the inner fender on the rear and install a aftermarket under tail would i gain any clearence in the rear between the tire and the black plastic located on the outside of the tail section. Reason i ask is cause i am stretched 6-7in and lowered 2-2.5in and am installing a 1100 rear spring but there is not much clearence at all. Any help at all guys

Very little if any, and there are several different brands of undertails to choose from. I can't say the differences in clearance between them all either, but they are all going to be similiar. I also assume that you have a gen1(99 to 07 model)correct?
There are alot of stretched/lowered guys here that can help you out though, apparently none of them have seen your post yet.
Here's a bump for ya, and :welcome:

Welcome to the org, someone will be along shortly that can answer your question. :welcome:

I have an 04 and I have a tiger tail undertail. Im stretched 7.5 inches and this tail is fine. you lose your storage but you gain clearance. I got mine on Ebay for $70

Since you are installing the heavy duty spring, I doubt if you will bottom out with the stock undertail. I have a heavy duty spring from ATC and a stock undertail, and I have no issues. However, I did cut the mudflap off. I am stretched 7", and lowered in the rear I would say 2-3". After stretching the bike, I wanted to bring the rear back down to ~ stock height. I used Soupy's Lowering Links. Hope this helps. :beerchug:

BMW5

DSC00071.jpg

Catalyst racing under tail will get you more clearance around the sides and at the rear, looks super clean and will save you a little weight when installed. Negatives, have to cut off the reflector/license plate light from the bottom of the brake light and there is no real way to mount external turn signals or license plate unless you make something or relocate. Here is a pic, stretched 7" and lowered a few in the rear.

Hayabusa-1027_edit_wallapaer_post.jpg

I am using my original undertail ,but trimmed and 6" over no problems ,I actually bought and undertail but I like the way mine came out so I just keep it.

Photo0046.jpg

Here's how I did mine with a mototek undertail. 6 over and lowered 2 inches. Didn't lose storage space at all, but I also did the hump mod to gain more space. As for clearance for the plate, I to mount it on the side of the rear pegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302895903.520069.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302895987.136367.jpg

Back