Trent Lott...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
It strikes me odd that such a high ranking official in our nation would have such a radical slip of the tongue...

Or was it a slip of the tongue???

Is Senator Lott really a bigot that masks his true feelings for the popular vote???

I don't know, what do you think?

I do know that this sort of person is the kind that makes it difficult for us to have and maintain positive relationships because they always want to divide and conquer...

Just a thought from "STUNNAH"...

STUNNAH Posted on Dec. 13 2002,12:11

Is Senator Lott really a bigot that masks his true feelings for the popular vote???
[/QUOTE]

Come on, a politician hiding his true feelings for the popular vote.  A politician would never do such a thing, would he?

Yet another example of mass media hype. Do we hear anything about energy solutions, business opportunities? No, we have to hear half-hour specials on a Senator's one-liner. Violent crime effects less than 2/100ths of a percent, murder, less than 6/1000ths of a percent, has decreased in the past 20 years and is almost the same as it was in 1960. Terrorism has effected less than 1/1000ths of a percent of Americans. 'Bio-terrorism', less than one/millionth of a percent effected in the US. Yet what do we always hear in the news? Murder this, terrorism that, gossip this, overpaid athlete that....

So, now tell me, when I have great difficulty in finding any work now, when over a year ago I had so much I could not even keep up... when I have to hear excuses from a company not being able to pay because of something that happened 10 states away, unrelated to any of their holdings or revenue, somehow directly effects their budget... now tell me I care even in the slightest bit about another racist politician.

Why is everyone so easily blind-folded by the deceptions placed forth by the press and media? The press makes an inaccurate, incomplete health study, people follow it religiously and without question. The media covers an unrelated scandal, people talk about it for weeks or months as if it were happening to their own family. Why?!?

rock.gif

Well the media is making a bigger issue out of the comment he made in 1980... Right wrong indifferent, did he mean it ? Yes no who knows, the fact of the matter is that the Democrats are going to use this against the Republicans, can Lott recover from this either way absolutely not !!!!

the fact of the matter is that the Democrats are going to use this against the Republicans,
Thats the key thing here.. the democrats know just as well as anybody else with 2 brain cells to rub together that they've stretched, and strewed it entirely out of proportion to make something "evil" and "racist" out of it.  

It was simply a compliment to an old man that was running for president in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT time. Not the most well thought out, or intelligent compliment.. but not some big racist B.S.

Politicians are all full of crap... and the democrats are usually leading the way.

It was simply a compliment to an old man that was running for president in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT time.  Not the most well thought out, or intelligent compliment.. but not some big racist B.S. [/QUOTE]

How can a "compliment" of that nature and magnitude be excepted in todays society that so demands one to be politically correct?

I also agree that we as American's have issues that need to be dealt with that are of much greater concern than a statement made by this one individual.  But when we consider the power and influence that this individual has under his control this issue should not be taken lightly.

We have grown as a nation from the era that his statement covered and should not wish to revisit that time nor those ideals.  We should in fact demand that our leaders have a positive approach toward our future and that their words carry that message forward.

Often the face of "Racism" changes but the mind does not.

I for one could never dream of a nation divided along racial lines at this time nor in any part of the future.

Unfortunately the media is going to beat this dead donkey (elephant?) to a pulp before they let it go.  I haven't been paying attention to this at all.  If he said it he's an idiot, don't vote for him if you don't want to,...next subject.  

Stunnah you are absolutely right about the face of Racism changing but the mind does not.  You can legislate actions, but not thought.  We've come a long way on this whole racism issue, but until people look at racism with the same abhorrence they do as say...smoking even...we've got a long way to go. Maybe that's not the best way to put it, but I hope you know what I mean.

Trent Lott is an idiot, In my opinion. He has always been a "popular idea of the moment" kind of guy for the Republicans. I also think he makes Mississippi look worse than they make themselves look. And to say his comment supporting Strom, who ran for President (at that time) on a seperatist party platform which was based solely on racial/segrigation issues, isn't racially motivated or carry very strong racial overtones is insane. As I said, Trent is an Idiot. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

GAr

Well the GOP is involved now and as previously stated he's bought and paid for, the Democrats eventually would have put enough pressure on him, but the Republican party has seen his demise as well and you can all say Goodbye Trent Hello Don Nickles...

IMHO

Well the mainstream media is simply an extension of the Democratic party. They offer no criticism of the Democrats that are negative...ever....unless they have to because they are backed into a corner. They have found this (made up IMHO) reason to bash on the GOP (due to the recent ass-kicking the voters -Stupid,uninformed, droves of idiots according to the Mass Media) doled out?

It deeply disturbs me that the media leans so far left that getting unbiased reporting is such a thing of the past.......

....and that so many people don't care to dig deep enough to find the truth...or at least an un-biased report of the story.

Gaprider
New Recruit

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the mainstream media is simply an extension of the Democratic party. They offer no criticism of the Democrats that are negative...ever....unless they have to because they are backed into a corner. They have found this (made up IMHO) reason to bash on the GOP (due to the recent ass-kicking the voters -Stupid,uninformed, droves of idiots according to the Mass Media) doled out?

It deeply disturbs me that the media leans so far left that getting unbiased reporting is such a thing of the past.......

....and that so many people don't care to dig deep enough to find the truth...or at least an un-biased report of the story.

--------------
[/QUOTE]

Well according to the Senator himself he made the statement...Now he is trying to make people believe he didn't really mean what he said...The media didn't dig this hole, he did and now his sorry #@! can jump in it...

I'ld rather have a politician that's a sex freak over a racist period...

I think what gaprider is saying  (correct me if I'm wrong gap) Is that had a democrat said the exact same thing.. Conservatives would have had a hard time getting ANY news organization to take the story and "run" with it.... let alone sinking it to the hilt and asking for more they way it has happened.

Not trying to say the statement wasn't made of course... but that the meaning of the statement has construed to be something... racist.

I agree BTW..  

You can't blame the democrats really.. in their weird way of thinking they are "getting even" for the Clinton fiasco that Lott was right in the middle of.

Sex fiends don't bother me... Liars do.

Respectfully. . .

Pure,

I don't think the demo's are trying to get even for the Clinton ordeal, but I do think they are looking at a balance of power...Also apparent would be the damage for 2004...

Lott is scheduled to make a 30min appearance tonite on "Black Entertainment Television"...That should be interesting...

Lott is scheduled to make a 30min appearance tonite on "Black Entertainment Television"...That should be interesting...
haha,,, if we ever needed any "professional a$$ kissing" lessons this would be the program to watch.

I'm not sure I would do that if I were in the same position.. It's way to obvious that he is grovelling for forgiveness ya know. .. of course I'm still standing by the idea that he isn't a racist, and didn't mean the comment the way it's been made out to be... If he is actually a racist and/or meant it that way.. he should be begging, & groveling.

Either way... I don't think it's gonna do him any good.

If he is actually a racist and/or meant it that way.. he should be begging, & groveling.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he is attempting to do beg, beg, beg...He has damaged himself beyond repair needless to say out of a possible presidential run in 2008...

If he is actually a racist and/or meant it that way.. he should be begging, & groveling.

That's exactly what he is attempting to do beg, beg, beg...He has damaged himself beyond repair needless to say out of a possible presidential run in 2008...[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah.. he's out of the pres running forever.  Amazing how quickly all he's worked for is destroyed.

I just have a hard time convincing myself that somebody could move that high in the government and be a racist...  

I really do think he just said something stupid that liberals found a way to spin. I'm getting repetitive though.. so bleeeeh.

Back