Tourist trophy

I have not gotten the xbox 360 because of this game. Waiting for the ps 3

I just got the game yesterday, I finished the novice in 20 mintes and i am on the junior. I finished every junior test EXCEPT the slalom with and without a passenger. I must be cracked out, but is there somehting I am doing wrong. I never hit the cones, but i cannot get in uner 19 seconds!!!!
be more aggressive

I just got the game yesterday, I finished the novice in 20 mintes and i am on the junior. I finished every junior test EXCEPT the slalom with and without a passenger. I must be cracked out, but is there somehting I am doing wrong. I never hit the cones, but i cannot get in uner 19 seconds!!!!
Don't feel bad man. I have half the tests done in gold and the other half in silver and this is one of my silvers. I can not for the life of me get the single passenger slalom done in 19 seconds. I am about to go ballistic on this test!

is this game only on ps2?
for now...yes, infact I went to the gameshop and check the screen shots and...its more realistic, more life like screen play..so, I'm think about gettin it...(plus, any game with hayabusa in it? how can I refuse, huh?) BTW, its for the rainy days
biggrin.gif

I dug deep and bought a PS2 just so I could play this game everyone is talking about. I'm an absolute demon on PC based FPS games so I thought "no big deal, it'll take 10 minutes to get the hang of it". Man, what am I doing wrong, I'm so crap at this. Gotta commit and practice til I get the hang of it....man I'm crap right now.:angry:
mad.gif

I dug deep and bought a PS2 just so I could play this game everyone is talking about. I'm an absolute demon on PC based FPS games so I thought "no big deal, it'll take 10 minutes to get the hang of it". Man, what am I doing wrong, I'm so crap at this. Gotta commit and practice til I get the hang of it....man I'm crap right now.:angry:
mad.gif
Hint. During license test, watch demo first and try to duplicate. Push X to get rear person view then R1 to toggle different views. Good luck.

TT_017.jpg

mad.gif
Dude trust me when I brought the game home at first I was not happy with it at all. I even posted saying how I did not like it. ONCE you practice for a day or two and begin to understand how it handles it becomes a total BLAST! Just keep your cool and keep practicing. It will be worth it once you start learning to carve the tracks up. This is by far the best motorcycle game to date!

I gotta wonder if I'm in need of practice myself. Shouldn't the Busa run out 1st in about 3 seconds? Shouldn't the 1000 wheelie like mad? (have not been able to wheelie it yet) Shouldn't the 999r? (lofts, but very gently)
rock.gif
And here I thought ripping the throttle open was idiot proof. I stand corrected.
biggrin.gif

I gotta wonder if I'm in need of practice myself. Shouldn't the Busa run out 1st in about 3 seconds? Shouldn't the 1000 wheelie like mad? (have not been able to wheelie it yet) Shouldn't the 999r? (lofts, but very gently)
rock.gif
And here I thought ripping the throttle open was idiot proof. I stand corrected.
biggrin.gif
Busa: press forward on left stick, and press L2 to tuck, also use the BUTTON accel instead of stick

1000: just hammer it and pull BACK on the left stick

Although far from perfect physics, it's still a great game. Takes time to tame.

I Broke down and purchased a PS2 last week, just so I could play TT..My name is John and Im an addict.

dang...just got the game today, now I gotta wait for the console to come...down time, always bad...had Xbox, now PS2 try to save some money for turbo charger and
mad.gif
always come up something...but what the hell, life goes on....hang on guys, I'm coming right behind you...
biggrin.gif

I love this game, so addicting. I got through all the licenses, and have earned the 999R, cant get the Busa though. At-least not yet. My daughter has learned how to read the map, tells me when the corner is coming and which one always kills me. Maybe its my old age, but the shadows and tunnels are hurting me. especially the night courses.

Is there any way to turn off the traction assist? I noticed I had the failure prevention setting on, which was preventing the wheelies on the 1K, but ALL the bikes accelerate far too slowly.

Is there any way to turn off the traction assist?  I noticed I had the failure prevention setting on, which was preventing the wheelies on the 1K, but ALL the bikes accelerate far too slowly.
Ahhh thanks for that tip. Thats probably why I cant wheelie the busa. Tried tuck, slam brakes -gas, with forward back on stick, drop clutch from a dead stop(stop bike hold back brake fullthrotle then sidestep it) and nothing. 1K's come up so easily.

Just got the game today. So far I finished all my licenses (Need to finish some golds but just wanted to play and get some bikes first). Won all the stock 1000's, got the race preped Gsxr 1K, the normal busa and a bunch of misc bikes. Doesn't hurt that I have GT4 and know most of the tracks.

I agree throttle is way too forgiving, you should more easily lowside from improper throttle application, but you can smash the brake and or the throttle mid turn with no consequences. Definitely need all throttle wheelies. I do like how moving your body forward/back changes cornering. Gotta see if I can perfect backing it in, that would be cool.

Back