Touch up paint for 2009 Silver Gray

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Does anyone know where I can get the touch up paint for my faring. Bike dropped in parking lot at baseball field and now I have some dings in both colors (Silver/Gray) right side
Thanks

If you don't mind post up pictures of the before and after. I have a small chip in my paint from a rock and I would like to see how this works out for you. :beerchug: :thumbsup:

If you don't mind post up pictures of the before and after. I have a small chip in my paint from a rock and I would like to see how this works out for you. :beerchug: :thumbsup:
I will post by the weekend the before pictures. Im waiting for all of the things to be delivered to make the repairs. It will not be like factory but will make do as best as I can so it's not so noticable on the farings. This way my stomache wont sink evertime I look at it

Last edited:
i have a chip in my tank and have the color- rite pens but the first time around didn't come out as i had hoped. the color looked a bit off. i read somewhere that toothpicks are a nice way to apply the paint to small nicks so i might give that a go this time around. hopefully, you get great results with the silver.

Color Rite can match up any motorycle paint, my problem was me, I suck at painting. I tried to fix Juli's bike with Candy Sonoma Red, 3 stage paint! :poke: It would have been much better if it has been single stage, but I know it was all me. :laugh:

i bought some from them and i was disapointed in the results,,I was told it was because the bike has a clear coat,,i dont know,,,or maybe it needed to be sanded alittle,,,the paint may be good ,,it could very well me ,,,It was 45 bucks in 04 for both tubes ,,best wishes and please let me know ,,or others here that has a non noticeable job well done on their touch up,,,,,,,,thanks

I know, I know........................I can hear the boo/hiss and is this guy serious? Yes I am! I head for Walmart and pic up a tube of their generic (best guess match) gray/silver auto touchup and use a tooth pick for application. A little dab will usually do ya! Hey, it works! And on some chips I have found it's best to just leave them alone, a sloppy/bad touchup attempt draws more attention to the eye than just leaving it be.

Color Rite can match up any motorycle paint, my problem was me, I suck at painting. I tried to fix Juli's bike with Candy Sonoma Red, 3 stage paint! :poke: It would have been much better if it has been single stage, but I know it was all me. :laugh:

Yeah, I don't know.... I didn't have a good experience w/ their product. The color match was way to dark and easily noticeable. Maybe it was a bad mix for 'em or something. Personally I wont order from them again.

Back