# Touch Up Paint For Busa #

vmaxbaby

Registered
So what is everyone doing about touch up paint. Colorite or does anyone have a better idea. We have a autobody supplier that wants me to bring my bike in and they will scan my gas tank and make me up some paint.

I'm ordering from colorite today. For $40 I can get everything I need including clear-coat. Can your body shop do the work for that price?

I'm ordering from colorite today. For $40 I can get everything I need including clear-coat. Can your body shop do the work for that price?

How do you go about ordering from Colorite? Do they have color match specific paint?

Does Suzuki not sell those small little touch-up bottles like you can get from your auto service dept for your car?

How do you go about ordering from Colorite? Do they have color match specific paint?

Does Suzuki not sell those small little touch-up bottles like you can get from your auto service dept for your car?
You put in your bike year/model, and then they show the color choices based on that year/model.

For example, 08 Busa Colors/paints.

D

Last edited:
I've heard stories about Colorite silver and grays not matching and owners having to really work to get the paint off. I would say that someone who can scan your specific paint, would give you a better match. Plus, someone who paints for a living is going to be better at it than an amateur, IMHO.

i was pretty sure color rite is where Suzuki gets their paint as well, why else would they know the years and colors

Well I got my colorite paint, base, and clear. I must say I can't get the color to look right. I followed the directions to a T but it comes out to dark. I did the base silver and built it up and than did one tap of orange let it dry...DARK. And adding more orange just makes it darker. Not impressed with it at all. It is just my mirror that has the chip and it looks better than the chip but not a good mask that is for sure. Over winter I am just going to get it repainted that will fix it. My 05 Blue and Silver was so simple to touch it up you would have to really look to find my touch up. Not on the Orange/BLK. Owners beware or tell me how your experience is.

if you are doing a simple touch up the paint will be dark. the paint will be basically "globbed" into one area. by spraying it you are atomizing the paint to lay out evenly. I could get into how air pressure effects the color and such but wont help you in a touch up situation. PM me if you need anything. i'm a painter by trade.

Well I got my colorite paint, base, and clear. I must say I can't get the color to look right. I followed the directions to a T but it comes out to dark. I did the base silver and built it up and than did one tap of orange let it dry...DARK. And adding more orange just makes it darker. Not impressed with it at all. It is just my mirror that has the chip and it looks better than the chip but not a good mask that is for sure. Over winter I am just going to get it repainted that will fix it. My 05 Blue and Silver was so simple to touch it up you would have to really look to find my touch up. Not on the Orange/BLK. Owners beware or tell me how your experience is.

Somewhere on this board there is a post of people who had the same problem. They wanted to get the paint off. There is a process, but it is not easy.

Thank you for the info, the touch up paint will hold me over but I am going to just repaint the mirror and that will fix that :)

Back