Torco racing fuel

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Dear sirs...

I recently converted my boat to run on your "premium" $75 per gallon racing fuel and am having some problems.... every time I mash the gas my fricken boat leaps out of the water and tries to fly...

I realize it has "propellers" and rides on air but this has to stop.... advise please...

Ni24664.jpg

My dad raced Alkie Flatbottoms when I was a kid. 160MPH in the 1/4 in a little less that 7 sec.

The only thing that touches the water once the pedal is mashed is the prop.

My dad raced Alkie Flatbottoms when I was a kid. 160MPH in the 1/4 in a little less that 7 sec.

The only thing that touches the water once the pedal is mashed is the prop.
Thats a honkin flat... I had the pleasure of meeting the Ermshar brothers my first year of drag boat racing through my TF mentor Amos Satterlee... The drag boat ranks are just as great a group as here IMO (but they are a bit more preoccupied
smile.gif
)

Another Legend type guy was Stan Tindell, an Aussie that traveled stateside for the season..

All these flat drivers are a different breed, I used to scare myself in mine all the time....

I will stick with my humble hydro thank you very much.... (and no nothing near as fast as the boat above
smile.gif
)

smile.gif

Drag boats..could it be the SCARIEST motor sport of all time...unpredictable come to mind..awsome pic though.

One of the only sports where the actual track your racing on can hurt you. I gotta give it up to those guys.

Back