Took wifey to the Dallas Aquarium

101_3411.JPG

(VaBusa @ Sep. 20 2007,11:21) Quite a bit of diversity considering they call themselves an aquarium  
smile.gif
 The Baltimore Aquarium is the same...they have rain forest there now; haven't seen it yet...

I learned an interesting fact while doing the behind-the-scenes tour at the Tampa Aquarium (compliments of Revlis and his wife)...the most expensive animal at their aquarium to feed are the seahorses...  
cool.gif
 Who would have thought?
Yep, I was starting to get upset that there weren't any fish at the aquarium. The first half of it is all birds, reptiles, and mamals.

I tried seahorses in our aquarium at home. They are very finiky and slow eaters. They will only eat live food and cannot compete with fast fish in the tank that also find the live food tasty.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 20 2007,12:28)
(VaBusa @ Sep. 20 2007,11:21) Quite a bit of diversity considering they call themselves an aquarium
smile.gif
The Baltimore Aquarium is the same...they have rain forest there now; haven't seen it yet...

I learned an interesting fact while doing the behind-the-scenes tour at the Tampa Aquarium (compliments of Revlis and his wife)...the most expensive animal at their aquarium to feed are the seahorses...
cool.gif
Who would have thought?
Yep, I was starting to get upset that there weren't any fish at the aquarium. The first half of it is all birds, reptiles, and mamals.

I tried seahorses in our aquarium at home. They are very finiky and slow eaters. They will only eat live food and cannot compete with fast fish in the tank that also find the live food tasty.
I had a "wild" seahorse fresh from the Chesapeake Bay years ago...he was caught in someone's net and left on a pier to dry out, then brought to me by my nephew that found him...

Yep, they only eat live foods and you have to net them and their food in order to ensure they're eating...I'd also been told that it is really bad for them to come out of the water at all, so it was a constant battle to keep that guy netted and fed all without ever having him come out of the water...he eventually died
sad.gif
No desire to try that again...

Just realized I missed this one. Wifey thought this poor guy looked lonely, so she decided to pet him.
smile.gif

101_3395.JPG

Back