Tobin seat update...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
For those interested in feedback on Tobin drag seats...

Finally got some seat time on the new Tobin drag seat today. Gotta say that it feels and rides much, MUCH better than the stock seat! The new shape of the seat fits me so much better that the removed padding isn't missed at all. It's like it just molds to me now, removing the pressure spots I was feeling on my thighs from the top outside edges of the stock piece. It's like my weight is evenly distributed on the seat now instead of having pressure spots and spots that felt like they were barely touchin'. It's kind of hard to explain. Maybe I'm making sense?

They also work as far as keepin' me planted toward the front of the seat. No more havin' to use my arms and hang onto the grips so tight to stay forward. Makes goin' fast MUCH easier when you can keep your arms and hands relaxed!

I've got nothing but good things to say about my Tobin drag seat. Still haven't put the pillion seat on because I haven't had a passenger. Can't comment in how it works. I can say that it is one schweet lookin' piece though!
super.gif

Train, I am a big guy also and I'm wondering if having the seat keep you forward restrains your movement enough to make it not feel good. I have always liked to be able to move some forward and back when riding to get a comfortable spot. Just wondering....Bob

Good question. I never thought to explain that apsect of it. I don't feel constrained by the seat at all. There's some room for front to rear play for me. Not a lot like the stock seat but enough. I got Tobin to do the big man cut (he's got three different cuts). I can shift front to rear enough to stay comfortable whether I'm up and cruisin' or tryin' to hide behind the ZG DB and beatin' on 'er.

There's room for butt position shifting, but when I tuck down into "go fast" position behind the screen and lock into the drag cut part, that's when I'm secured against sliding rearward against the hump like I used to. Hope that makes sense...

BUT to get into a good tuck your butt has to be snuggled up to that hump. I still think this is a little backwords, does Tobin make a roadracing seat designed to keep you further back in the seat? I need one of them.

Oh and while I am here Bro...Where the hell you been?
rock.gif
Awfully scarce lately.

And while your at it how about some fresh shots of your sled with the seat on all prettied up... Been missing my Bullet Fix lately!

BUT to get into a good tuck your butt has to be snuggled up to that hump.  I still think this is a little backwords, does Tobin make a roadracing seat designed to keep you further back in the seat?  I need one of them.

Oh and while I am here Bro...Where the hell you been?
rock.gif
 Awfully scarce lately.

And while your at it how about some fresh shots of your sled with the seat on all prettied up...  Been missing my Bullet Fix lately!
Maybe for some. I can get comfortable in a tuck (as much as my gut will allow anyway
wink.gif
) without really pressin' against the hump. I still barely contact it with my arse when I'm down but I don't slide against it now. Believe it or not, it seems that the seat has helped to control wheelies a bit. Makes sense. Center of gravity dropped a little (removed padding... I can reach the ground better now at stock height) and I can keep my weight forward under full throttle. It will still come up but not as easily as it did before. Seems to power wheelie more than actually loft the front now.

I took a little break. Had some things to work out. Got everything figured out and my head is back on straight so I'm back, new and improved and ready to take on the world.
wink.gif
You miss bein' fugged with or sumthin?
rock.gif

Don't have any fresh shots. Maybe I'll get a few this evening though. Still enjoyin' the high from my afternoon ride right now.
wink.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

wink.gif

Thanks for the update BT!

Momma said I need to use my seat $ for the new chain. Had to buy a chain riveter as well so that kinda ate it all up. Will fill the change jar ASAP and get those seats ordered someday.

Gotcha bro, Yeah, this place has gotten awfully damned mellow lately... Everyone playing all lovey dovey... sorta dry if you get my meaning... good to see you back.

Rev

glad you like the seat .............. I ride horses and showed them for years and one thing I learned real quick was get a good saddle. A good saddle will FIT YOU -there are no one size fits all. So I'm glad you got yours, I customizing my own this weekend.

Back