To windy for the Busa, but a kite?

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
So the weather said that there were 20 to 30 mph winds today, so I didn't want to take out the busa. But that got me thinking. What if I were to take out the traction kite. Yeah, it is about 6.5 foot wide and about 3 foot tall. It is made to move you hence the name "traction kite." So we started flying and the winds were good but not yet enough to move my 240lb butt. It drug me here and there but not much in the way of lift. Then the winds picked up and off I went. The first picture is me lifting off the ground. I got about 7 foot vertical in the air and it took me about 20 feet or more with the wind. The second picture is of me landing on my tip toes, and then the last is of me laying there in pain after I smacked the ground and got drug another 5 foot on my stomach. LOL

just thought I would share

DSC03193.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03195.jpg

Traction kites are fun. I have a 3 meter, a 4 ft, and a 3 ft parafoil. They are all fun, but the 3 meter traction kite is the best.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I was there.. I did the warning of I am not responsible for your actions when we went out to fly his kite today. It was pretty freakin funny. I did not say "I told ya so". THE PICS SAY IT ALL.

Back