Flying Kites

gurrera

Registered
Remember when we were kids trying to fly a kite? This guy is a little better than us.

The guy flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada . He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause. He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist. Enjoy!

You must watch to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite!

I would have those kites so tangled up, you could never get them separated again! And of course, make sure the volume is turned up because the music is wonderful and totally reflects the soaring of the kites. Beautiful!
"Romancing The Wind" - Ray Bethell - YouTube

Gurrera

Reminds me of the trips Dad and I used to take when I was little:whistle:

carousel-theatre-for-young-people_a-year-with-frog-and-toad_0910-ft-20100106101901 (1).jpg

:thumbsup: very groovy.

i am a member of the International Kite Flyers Association. i carry a pocket kite with me on all my trips, and have flown it on 3 coasts.

that fella is awesomely good.

flying a kite is an exercise to see how close you can get your happy, sad, and mad, together. :whistle:

Man that is amazing. That is one thing I have never got to do is fly a kite. I need to add it to my bucket list :laugh: Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

True art. I can't even fly one kit right. THAT is true art. Pretty damn amazing

Back