Tires

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
I am purchaseing a set of Pirelli Dragon Corsa's, has anybody mounted them and how do they compare to the OEM Bridgestones.
200/50-17 and 120/70-17

And to anybody running Dunlops, Metzlers, and etc. post your thought on your replacement tires.

Was looking at the Pirelli's but too expensive. At least AUS$50 more than D207. I currently use D207 and D207GP for the track. Find both tyres awesome grip.

Only problem with D207 is if leaned hard, i.e fairing scrapes, and hard acceleration in corners, pattern on outer edge of tyre causes premature wearing of outer edge resulting in extremely short life.

I had one rear tyre on for 14 days and had worn the outer edge. (did approx. 1200kms).

Keep me posted on how you find the Pirelli's and how they wear. Also did you go for the 190 section or 200?

As you may have noticed along with my Dymags I added new rubber on both ends. After much debating I choose the Michelin TX15/25 Race 3 compound. With standard 190 and 120 sizes.

The first thing I noticed was the drastically different profile of the rear. You can see the photos here in the Dymag article.
http://www.dragbike.com/news/features/hayabusa_dymag.htm

Now that I have ridden them a few times I thought I would report on them. The rear shape does make the bike feel much different at 0-15 degree lean. It seems to want to fall into the lean much easier than before with the wider, flatter Bridgestone. The rubber on the Michelin is much stickier both cold and hot. In fact now I have to really work to lock the rear up with brakes where as before a light touch locked it up.

In corners the bike seems much more planted too. Though I have not got to the edges of the tire yet, it seems to feel much less likely to slide around. I can also apply power much sooner out of corners without dirt-tracking the rear.

The front never moves. It just goes around anything I point it at. No frills, no thrills.

Overall I am very happy with the Michelin Race 3. If the new pilots are even better Ill be really spolied.

Don
RoadDog

Back