Tip over sensor

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I was wanddering if anyone else is having a problem with their tip over sensor. 2 have broken away from the braket on my bike. they tend to go in the same way during a rinde on the freeway, it breaks free killing the bike, I am able to position it so I can limp home, but I am hoping that It doesnt happen again. I have spoken with the shop that I buy my parts from and they say only 1 other busa is having a similar problem. So I figure I would ask the org.

Never heard that problem mentioned before.  Could the bracket be tweaked a little causing stress on the sensor body?  How is the sensor breaking off?  Is the whole housing spliting?

The tab that holds the sensor is whats actually breaking. It looks like a bad weld, but 2 on the same bike seem to be 2 much of a chance happening. Curently I have relocated the sensot under the seat between the battery and the ecm. A new bracket is on order but after looking at it, I am hoping the sensor comes with it as I dont see anyway to swap it without damageing the sensor.

I had this same problem. Fixed it with jb weld but it came off again. I'm thinkin about doin the bypass on it (open it up and glue the pendulum in place)

fyi old thread
beerchug.gif

Back