Throttle kills bike and sometimes doesn’t startup

Joshmc628

Registered
2016 busa with 20k miles. Noticed horn sounded weak one night while riding . After parking the bike for an hour I wasn’t able to start it as the battery was dead. Got a push start and rode it home 10 miles away without a problem. Next morning the bike wouldn’t start again. Charged the battery until it was full and tried again but no luck and it started throwing c12 code for the ckp sensor. Removed the stator and swapped out the ckp sensor for a used one and the bike immediately started with no code. Left the bike there and tried to ride about 6 hours later and wouldn’t start again and the battery was dying fast. Replaced the battery and finally got the bike to start with no code but it was backfiring like crazy. It would also kill on its own after a few minutes. sometimes it would kill as soon as the throttle was touched. As of now of the bike is back to not starting at all and isn’t throwing any codes. My buddy came over and let me use his fuel pump, ecu, and camshaft sensor which all did nothing. Took out a spark plug and saw that they weren’t sparking. At a lost here. The stator does pass ohm and continuity tests but can’t get the bike to run long enough to test voltage. Should i just go ahead and buy a stator and rectifier or does this issue sound familiar enough to be something else? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys, definitely pointed me in the right direction. Tried my buddy’s stator and the bike immediately started and i was finally able to ride it with no problems. However after putting my old stator back on we noticed that the wires going into the ckp sensor clip had a lot of play. We took the wires out of the ckp clip and hard wired them into the bike harness. After that my bike ran just fine on my old stator!

Back