This young boy needs prayers right now...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
This all is going on right now!

Colorado boy floats away in balloon - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Officials are trying to rescue a 6-year-old boy who climbed into a balloon-like experimental aircraft built by his parents and floated into the sky over eastern Colorado.

The family describes the structure as a dome-shaped "homemade flying saucer," according to sheriff's office.

The boy's family had been building the experimental aircraft at their home on Fossil Ridge Road in Fort Collins, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

The family has described the structure as a a dome-shaped "homemade flying saucer," Larimer County Sheriff's Office Spokeswoman Kathy Davis said.

"We're trying to determine the best course of action," Davis said. "This is a first and we'll do what we need

We're all talking about this right now in the office...truly sad. I would be absolutely terrified if it were one of my sons :down:

I hope they can help get him down...

Wow! Hope he is going to be okay.
Prayers for a safe landing.
Bubba

That is crazy! I hope it doesn't float high enough that he runs out of oxygen before they can get to him. :nervous: May he be rescued safe & sound ASAP :please:

*edit* Being covered live on CNN right now!

Last edited:
I'm worried about the extreme temps up there; hypothermia wouldn't take long to set in :(

I just saw this on CNN. Very scary. I hope and pray for the best for this poor little boy.

The radio just said they're no longer 100% sure he's even in the craft, but prayers sent just the same. I can't imagine how the parents must feel. :please:

Yep, now reporting he may have fallen out, but where and when? :please: I hope he's OK

ugggg they are saying they think he might have already fallen out....

Back