This thread is me bragging only.

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
As some of my previous posts mentioned, road and mountain biking has pretty much taken up a big portion of my life for the last 3 years....and shows no sign of going away! I just got back from the 2013 Huntsman Games in St. George Utah where, for 2 weeks, I participated in a week of roadbike events and a week of mountainbike events. OK, here's the bragging part, I got 4 Gold medals, 2 Silver and Overall Champion in my division! Since I got back home I've been riding about 300 miles weekly, kind of exploring just what a 66 year old body can do, to you whom are bicyclists, keep riding and safe travels! Doyle

warming up in utah.jpg

congrats on getting in such great shape and for the rewards in the way you feel and the medals you have won :beerchug:

Congrats on your accomplishments Doyle, that is amazing, you continue to inspire. I have actually started mountain biking recently, without years of physical & cardio conditioning it can be quite a struggle at times. In spite of the decades of smoking and the injuries sustained from various motorcycle accidents over the years I'm pushing myself like never before and enjoying the personal challenge. There are some awesome MTB trails locally; Salmon Falls, Foresthill Divide & Sly Park are a few that I've taclked recently.

Congrats on your accomplishments Doyle, that is amazing, you continue to inspire. I have actually started mountain biking recently, without years of physical & cardio conditioning it can be quite a struggle at times. In spite of the decades of smoking and the injuries sustained from various motorcycle accidents over the years I'm pushing myself like never before and enjoying the personal challenge. There are some awesome MTB trails locally; Salmon Falls, Foresthill Divide & Sly Park are a few that I've taclked recently.

Good to hear from you Gene! Keep biking..it's a slow process but our bodies are amazing when we invest in them! Do you still have a Busa?

Very cool Doyle!! You have every right to brag!! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

You deserve to brag.

You hitting up the Colorado race again? I hear its ending at 10k feet this year..

You deserve to brag.

You hitting up the Colorado race again? I hear its ending at 10k feet this year..

Naw, I think we are planning on doing a series of double centuries like the Seattle to Portland. Maybe Colorado in 2 years (after retirement so I have unlimited time!) Doyle

As some of my previous posts mentioned, road and mountain biking has pretty much taken up a big portion of my life for the last 3 years....and shows no sign of going away! I just got back from the 2013 Huntsman Games in St. George Utah where, for 2 weeks, I participated in a week of roadbike events and a week of mountainbike events. OK, here's the bragging part, I got 4 Gold medals, 2 Silver and Overall Champion in my division! Since I got back home I've been riding about 300 miles weekly, kind of exploring just what a 66 year old body can do, to you whom are bicyclists, keep riding and safe travels! Doyle

what do your daily meals consist of? just being curious.

what do your daily meals consist of? just being curious.

I eat what I want but the miracle is.....as my conditioning and strength increases, I actually crave good carbs and protein. I put a big spoonful of almond butter into a chocolate protein shake almost daily and drink the whole thing, it's my sweet thing. Not as much meat as when I was a 270 pounder, I eat a lot of good pasta dishes. Sitting down and doing a package of chocolate chip cookies and a quart of milk doesn't happen anymore. I have a favorite brand of protein bar (ProMax lemon) and I have 1-2 of those daily. I'll never give up my big mug of coffee with vanilla sweetener in the mornings (sometimes Bailey's). My 18 yr old daughter made a feast last night for us all (her boyfriend was over) and I pigged out (peach cobbler w/vanilla ice cream,etc.) and I have no guilt cause this afternoon I'll probably go 60+ miles on bicycle (after Vet day parade). I will be doing over my eating habits soon since I want to go from 205 to 185 lbs to get "world class fast" on the bicycle soon. I'm at the point now that the one and only quantum leap in performance for me left is major weight loss (25 more lbs). Hope that helps! Doyle

Back