This ain't right...

Oh by the way, I got a ticket for going 74 in a 65 zone in Chattanooga and it cost me $147. I guess it is less an offense to kill someone.
poke.gif

Wow. Even the Judge was asking why he wasn't charged with Negligent Homicide... I would love to know why not...

From the write up...it looks like just another accident.No booze,no drugs. The law is the law.She prolly showed remorse and had an OK driving record,mother and or wife,etc etc.

You can get away with doing alot of stoopid things in your vehicle.

It's the law.
rock.gif

RSD.

Wow, a seat belt ticket costs that here. Guess life does not matter much in that state.

What about that article about Virginia raising fines into the thousands of dollars range for minor infractions?

Jeez, when will the law ever start to be about justice?

--Wag--

I'll wager that a civil suit will be forthcoming. The solicitors office makes the charges in the plea agreements, typically so they don't have to do their job. I would hate to know that someone would do speaking engagements for killing me. I'm sure we'll never know all the facts in this case.

(Wag @ Jun. 26 2007,20:00) Jeez, when will the law ever start to be about justice?

--Wag--
In this case, it is. Its the way the law is written. Accidents will happen. Was she doing her hair? Was he using a batt operated razor to shave? Were they talking about their day? Maybe a split second of non attention to...

adjust the radio
move seat
light a cigarette
take sip of coffee
look at map
answer cell phone
make call on cell phone
smack kids in back seat
yell at kids in back seat
eat a messy burito
drive thru....ya, graet idea. lets send thousands of motorists on to the hi-ways and bi-ways of n. america eating a bucket of chicken...or a bowl of poutine fries.

We all do it.

Just another "accident".

RSD.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 26 2007,23:14)
(Wag @ Jun. 26 2007,20:00) Jeez, when will the law ever start to be about justice?

--Wag--
In this case, it is. Its the way the law is written. Accidents will happen. Was she doing her hair? Was he using a batt operated razor to shave? Were they talking about their day? Maybe a split second of non attention to...

adjust the radio
move seat
light a cigarette
take sip of coffee
look at map
answer cell phone
make call on cell phone
smack kids in back seat
yell at kids in back seat
eat a messy burito
drive thru....ya, graet idea. lets send thousands of motorists on to the hi-ways and bi-ways of n. america eating a bucket of chicken...or a bowl of poutine fries.

We all do it.

Just another  "accident".

RSD.
Or a Battery operated something else...

Yep, just another accident... It's all too common to be talking on a phone and a motorcyclist pop out in front of you... When you cross over into his lane when you gotta turn into the gas station... Cause you weren't paying attention to the road, but your 3 friends in the backseat and your friend on the phone...

Or how about those unfortunate people that don't see you going down the road and pull out in front of you? I mean, they're expecting you to be going SO much more below the speed limit, so they figure you have PLENTY of time to brake when pull out in front of you... At 20 Ft away...

So basicly, I could kill a motorcyclist and get away easily... But If I do 20 over the speed limit, it's worse because i live in VA?! BULLSH!T!!!! FUG THE GOVERNMENT!!!! It's more corrupt than I'd wanna imagine! Whatever happened to the constitution? No taxation without representation?! And what do we do now? We pay taxes on shid we already own, we then pay for inspections and county stickers so we can drive the things we pay taxes on that we already own and payed taxes on when we bought it...

I wonder how many people here (or close family member) have had an at fault fender bender with another car? Maybe look away for a split second and slam into the back of it. What would have been the outcome if that car was a motorcycle instead?

If someone ends up killing me in a split second spur of the moment ACCIDENT, I don't want him/her going to jail over it and being ripped away from their kids. If alcohol, drugs, cell phone or gross negligence is the case then lock them up forever. Hopefully the jury will be smart enough to figure out the difference.

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 26 2007,20:43) I wonder how many people here (or close family member) have had an at fault fender bender with another car?  Maybe look away for a split second and slam into the back of it.  What would have been the outcome if that car was a motorcycle instead?

If someone ends up killing me in a split second spur of the moment ACCIDENT, I don't want him/her going to jail over it and being ripped away from their kids.  If alcohol, drugs, cell phone or gross negligence is the case then lock them up forever.  Hopefully the jury will be smart enough to figure out the difference.
The voice of reason.
bowdown.gif

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 26 2007,23:43) I wonder how many people here (or close family member) have had an at fault fender bender with another car?  Maybe look away for a split second and slam into the back of it.  What would have been the outcome if that car was a motorcycle instead?

If someone ends up killing me in a split second spur of the moment ACCIDENT, I don't want him/her going to jail over it and being ripped away from their kids.  If alcohol, drugs, cell phone or gross negligence is the case then lock them up forever.  Hopefully the jury will be smart enough to figure out the difference.
Accident, yes... But Come on... When the charges for KILLING someone are less than SPEEDING?! Thats BS. I'm not saying send her to jail, but she should get a SHIDLOAD more of a fine than $50...

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 26 2007,21:43) I wonder how many people here (or close family member) have had an at fault fender bender with another car? Maybe look away for a split second and slam into the back of it. What would have been the outcome if that car was a motorcycle instead?

If someone ends up killing me in a split second spur of the moment ACCIDENT, I don't want him/her going to jail over it and being ripped away from their kids. If alcohol, drugs, cell phone or gross negligence is the case then lock them up forever. Hopefully the jury will be smart enough to figure out the difference.
If she killed you I would suggest that she will pay alimony to your kids who don`t have a father anymore because of her fault.

Tax payers money should be spent on public education.
How many commercials like THIS
did you seen on national TV?
or THIS

Brits DMV own and broadcast those. They have money for that , we don`t. I should stop paying AMA membershit $50 a year for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 27 2007,08:58) Here is an interesting letter with a response from Judge Moon...

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_109399.asp
She will tell those young drivers:
Look, you have to maintain clean driving record for your own good. See, I killed the guy because I was not paying attention to anything but my lovely self. why should I, my Trailblaser is so frigging huge I`m invincible in it. I was at fault and still not in jail.

99% of our criminals facing General Sessions charges plea guilty, get time served, and probation. Recently a wealthy man was assaulted and robbed of $500. Those two men got 25 years state side. The system is fugged.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 26 2007,22:26)
(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 26 2007,21:43) I wonder how many people here (or close family member) have had an at fault fender bender with another car?  Maybe look away for a split second and slam into the back of it.  What would have been the outcome if that car was a motorcycle instead?

If she killed you I would suggest that she will pay alimony to your kids who don`t have a father anymore because of her fault.

Tax payers money should be spent on public education.
How many commercials like THIS
did you seen on national TV?
or THIS

Brits DMV own and broadcast those. They have money for that , we don`t. I should stop paying AMA membershit $50 a year for nothing.
That's what the civil suit and insurance is for. I agree that any money paid out needs to go to the victims family and that will be handled in court by a jury.

If she's given a $100,000 traffic ticket fine, who gets that money? Or in the case of VA, $100,000 of taxation without representation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back