The Original Pillion

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
:bowdown:

Unlikely Pillion.jpg

Well I hope its all taken in good fun.

So what had you up and on the .Org at 5 in the AM?

Coffee and the morning news! :laugh:

It's my best time of the day. It's quiet and I get tons of stuff accomplished.

Trust me when I tell you it's NOT an alarm clock!

Coffee and the morning news! :laugh:

It's my best time of the day. It's quiet and I get tons of stuff accomplished.

Trust me when I tell you it's NOT an alarm clock!

The alarm clock is the only thing that gets me up in the morning. And it took me a long time to get the perfect setup.

Next to the bed I have "the warning shot" It goes off at :45 after the hour, letting me know, wake up "***ker, night's over!"

I can, A) Smash the buttons until the noise stops (resumes in 9 minutes), or B) Wake up enough to actually find the CANCEL button (mission accomplished, I'm awake.)

If step ONE fails, I have the Second alarm across the room, which goes off on the hour. So even if I manage to kill the first alarm TWICE, this one still requires me to get up and walk across the room. (mission accomplished, I'm awake.)

If ONE and TWO fail, at :02 after the hour, the alarm in the bathroom (which WILL wake up the entire house) goes off. So IF step 2 got me awake, I KNOW I have to walk to the bathroom to save the house from rude awakening. If I manage to sleep walk to STEP 2 and turn around to go back to bed THREE kicks me in the butt and I have to sprint to the bathroom to kill the noise.

Now I'm awake, have adrenaline running, and if I turn around, THERE'S THE SHOWER, convenient huh?

Now the SECRET to being on time at this point, as I sleep/stand in the shower is that alarm number 1 has a second timer to go off at :15 after the hour, so I know that IF I'm not OUT of the shower by then I AGAIN wake up the others.

And thus, I haven't been late to work in the last 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The alarm clock is the only thing that gets me up in the morning. And it took me a long time to get the perfect setup.

Next to the bed I have "the warning shot" It goes off at :45 after the hour, letting me know, wake up "***ker, night's over!"

I can, A) Smash the buttons until the noise stops (resumes in 9 minutes), or B) Wake up enough to actually find the CANCEL button (mission accomplished, I'm awake.)

If step ONE fails, I have the Second alarm across the room, which goes off on the hour. So even if I manage to kill the first alarm TWICE, this one still requires me to get up and walk across the room. (mission accomplished, I'm awake.)

If ONE and TWO fail, at :02 after the hour, the alarm in the bathroom (which WILL wake up the entire house) goes off. So IF step 2 got me awake, I KNOW I have to walk to the bathroom to save the house from rude awakening. If I manage to sleep walk to STEP 2 and turn around to go back to bed THREE kicks me in the butt and I have to sprint to the bathroom to kill the noise.

Now I'm awake, have adrenaline running, and if I turn around, THERE'S THE SHOWER, convenient huh?

Now the SECRET to being on time at this point, as I sleep/stand in the shower is that alarm number 1 has a second timer to go off at :15 after the hour, so I know that IF I'm not OUT of the shower by then I AGAIN wake up the others.

And thus, I haven't been late to work in the last 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Wow! I'm sure you don't have this "issue" when we're meeting for our typical pre-ride breakfast!!!
:rofl:

Sounds like it takes a 4 Alarm Fire to get your azz out of bed :rofl:

Its a "survival" technique I picked up in the dorms my freshman year of college.

When your entire wing of the dorm is up til 4am every night and you have an 8 o'clock class you learn how to sleep through ANYTHING.

I'm sure if a FIRE ALARM went off, its entirely possible I would sleep walk to the source of the noise, disarm it, and sleepwalk back to bed :laugh:

I need me my sleep :lol:

Back