The lighter side to Australia

aussiebusaboy

Registered
Given that i have painted such a negative picture on coming to Oz and getting yourself killed :laugh: i thought i should throw some factual humor into the mix.:thumbsup:

Well worth the read.:whistle:
Some of my favourites (oh and this study does poke a bit of fun at the USA)

*The average world population density is 117 people per square mile, that of the United States 76 and that of Macao is 69,000. Australia's is only 6.

*.02 percent of the Australian land mass is used by mines. More land is occupied by pubs

*Kangaroo - The name for the Australian marsupial Kangaroo came about when some of the first white settlers saw this strange animal hopping along and they asked the Aborigines what it was called. They replied with 'Kanguru', which in the native language meant 'I don't know' .

*Drongo - Australians may refer to fools, idiots and hopeless cases as Drongos. Drongo was a 1920's racehorse that showed promise but never won anything in 37 starts. In the 1940s, the term was applied to recruits of the Australian airforce.

*The male platypus has a poisonous spine that can kill a dog and inflict immense pain on a human.

*When a specimen of the platypus was first sent to England, it was believed the Australians had played a joke by sewing the bill of a duck onto a rat.

enjoy
Unusual facts about Australia

Anyone who does make the trip will have plenty of tour guides. I'm Sydney, other aussie busa riders are QLD (up north) I think. Come on down!

Anyone who does make the trip will have plenty of tour guides. I'm Sydney, other aussie busa riders are QLD (up north) I think. Come on down!

One of these days I'll be back!:thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh:

Back