Texas Motor Speedway

notright

I'm the Pugh take a wiff
Donating Member
Registered
I just heard from one of my bike shop buddies that Texas Motor Speedway is having a trackday this weekend bikes welcome. can anyone confirm this ? Too late a notice for me this time if true but ,if this is a regular thing it sounds like awesome fun!

From their Site:

August 7, 2009 - SCION drag-n-brag plus Show-n-Shine
Your Friday nights just got hotter at Texas Motor Speedway! SCION drag-n-brag is heads up, street style drag racing. Racing is held on the one-eighth-mile pit road and the events are open to any automobile and any driver, provided they possess a valid driver's license. Weekly trophies will be awarded to the fast vehicle in the four individual classes.

In addition to the on-track action, a Show N' Shine car show will take place each Friday night as well. All vehicles are welcome to enter and awards will be given for Best of Show, Best Classic (1972 or prior year) and Best Current Custom (1973 to current).

Gates open nightly at 6:00 p.m. Drag Racing or Show-N-Shine entry fee is $20. Participate in both for only $30. Spectator entry is $7. Parking is free for the grandstands near Gate 3 or $15 for the infield. Coolers are not allowed in the grandstands.

Well crap I knew It sounded too good to be true. I can drag race here . I was hopeing to tap out on the oval.

Well crap I knew It sounded too good to be true. I can drag race here . I was hopeing to tap out on the oval.

I can tell you from past experiance that they will NOT let you run flat out on the oval during any of the track day events. I've attended several times in the Z06 and they hold you to about 120~130 mph with a pace vehicle leading.

There is a trackday at Texas World Speedway in College Station on Saturday.
You can run as hard as you want on the roadrace course & front straight, but it does not use the whole oval.

Hope to see you there.

You can run as hard as you want on the roadrace course & front straight, but it does not use the whole oval.

Hope to see you there.

You wouldn't want to run the full oval at Texas World.... To much grass on the track on the tops of the bankings.

Hope to see you there.
I got an invite from a friend thats going Kelly he is on a fiberglass and primer gxrr1000. I would like to make it but, I have equipment on loan to finish a landscaping project before my wife divorces me. Hope to make it soon though that is something I am looking foreward to.

I can tell you from past experiance that they will NOT let you run flat out on the oval during any of the track day events. I've attended several times in the Z06 and they hold you to about 120~130 mph with a pace vehicle leading.
Other than just getting to be on the track that dosen't sound like any fun .As large as that track is I bet you don't even get a sence of speed at that rate. Oh well It did sound like fun though.:beerchug:

Back