• Just Ok

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Slow

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

tobefast.com

Site Sponsor
Registered
ToBeFast.com Website has been running really slow and we need you help to test our website speed. We just upgraded.

Please let us know what you think as a forum sponsor.

Website: Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Helmets`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Street Bike Gear`Clothing`Jackets`Gloves

1) Super Fast
2) Fast
3) Just Ok
4) Slow

Team McCoy Motorsports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com
Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Helmets`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Street Bike Gear`Clothing`Jackets`Gloves

It was slow for me.

Here's a site I use for my websites to determine load times and errors. I plugged in your url and it's not good.

http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com/wso

My personal opinion (aside from any technical issues you may be experiencing) is that there is far too much on the main page.

Last edited:
The content on the page has nothing to do with it really. Your backend database needs to be optimized for fast queries, if it is slow that is the most likely reason you are seeing the reduced speeds.

Hit me up if you need help, I am an expert in ALL areas of IT.

seems to be on par with any other website i visit. doesnt blow me away, but nothing i cant deal with.

The backend is running a bit slow for the model selections. The content for the products is working reasonably smooth.

Oh one other observation, looks like you are using OSCommerce and if that is not set up right it will cause issues as well. I have installed many of those.

Found as I dug deeper into the site it got a tad bit slower, hang time started to occur on the images, but after about 7 or 8 layers deep...ran fine.

Runs far better then "other" cycle parts sites. I am happy!

Found as I dug deeper into the site it got a tad bit slower, hang time started to occur on the images, but after about 7 or 8 layers deep...ran fine.

Runs far better then "other" cycle parts sites. I am happy!

Same here, the more I browsed, the slooooooooooower it got. Still not as slow as here sometimes..

The content on the page has nothing to do with it really.

Content has everything to do with load times on the user side though. Now, that's not why it's slower than normal, which is likely what you're talking about with the database, but the load time for the page is above average which makes a poorly running system appear slower than usual.

Last edited:
Content has everything to do with load times on the user side though. Now, that's not why it's slower than normal, which is likely what you're talking about with the database, but the load time for the page is above average which makes a poorly running system appear slower than usual.

:poke: I won't argue web or IT with you, I have been in it for 18 years. Anyway, did you get your YOSH system like mine?

:poke: I won't argue web or IT with you, I have been in it for 18 years. Anyway, did you get your YOSH system like mine?

Yeah, I got it, still need to install it though. They were quick and the packaging was sharp, no problems. Thanks for turning me on to that. :beerchug:

But to the topic at hand, no arguing necessary, I'm curious to know your professional opinion on load times vs number of graphics. I do my own sites with some minor freelance help, so if you have some widsom to impart, I'm all ears. I thought it was web design 101 to make your splash pasge as small as possible for efficient load times? Perhaps I'm just suffering from a misconception on my part?

Wow! faster than most. I wouldnt call it super fast, because Im on cable and everything seems to load at a very decent speed.

Also, Im loving that turbo Sdime :thumbsup:

Back