Talledega race today

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
i am not knocking someone wanting to win but today was a cluster mess. get real here , with one to go johnson and vickers decide to go for it. now for johnson what happened pretty well sealed his fate for the championship, down the toilet. why would a person racing for the championship risk what he risked today ? it does not make sense, take second and the points. but no he decides to win with the help of a guy who has never won.and we seen the results. if i was hendricks i would be highly upset, what did this gain them ? nothing but a wrecked car and there golden boy out of the race. if i owned the teams vickers would be gone right now, johnson would get a very long talk about the big picture. i know the crew chiefs have a say also, but in the end the driver is the one that makes the final decision. both showed there adult hood today, none
with the stupid move of the race.

That's just racing; whether it be the lap 50 or the last lap; if you race you want to win. If they do not screw with the restrictor plates, the cars probably would not have been that bunched up anyways or passing would have been easier. Unfortunate situation,I am a Kasey Khane fan, mainly because he took Bill Elliot's spot in the #9 car, just glad he escaped it.

Dumb azz teammates took out my boy. Revenge will be paid.
firedevil.gif

guns.gif
Hate Vickers - every since he spun Mike Bliss at Charoltte LMS 2 yrs ago - I knew he was a scum bag then.

Johnson and Vickers had their throttles pinned and pulled out for a slingshot pass around JR., but JR. started to block Johnson and Johnson lifted the throttle ever so slightly and came back planning to be in front of Vickers. Meanwhile Vickers kept his throttle pinned and when Johnson came back into line Vickers had moved up on Johnson ever so slightly just nipping his bumper and spinning both Johnson and Jr. out.

Wasn't Vickers fault...he could have let up a little as well, but in that scenario I would have kept the throttle pinned also.

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 09 2006,23:27) Johnson and Vickers had their throttles pinned and pulled out for a slingshot pass around JR., but JR. started to block Johnson and Johnson lifted the throttle ever so slightly and came back planning to be in front of Vickers.  Meanwhile Vickers kept his throttle pinned and when Johnson came back into line Vickers had moved up on Johnson ever so slightly just nipping his bumper and spinning both Johnson and Jr. out.

Wasn't Vickers fault...he could have let up a little as well, but in that scenario I would have kept the throttle pinned also.
Very true! The above people are just pissed because they are Jr fans... It was a "racing incedent". Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunate as it is, it was a product of restrictor plate racing. Jr. even said after the race that he was fully expecting to finish 2nd or 3rd because of the 48 and 25 behind him. I'm glad Vickers finally got his first win but of course it had to be at Talladega and come on the heels of "wrecking" Dale Jr. and Jimmie Johnson. Of course everyone is going to say I hate Vickers, he wrecked my guy blah blah blah... you dont "wreck" Dale Jr. at Talladega and get a huge fan base from it.

not a jr. fan myself, tony stewart and sterling marlin are my two picks. just to clarify where i stand on that.
johnson had 2nd in the bag, and the points, 40 out of first if he had stayed where he was at. he then made a bad decesion and it bit him hard, he could have told vickers to stay in line.
vickers is an idiot with his driving, has been proven before.
now if it was like this. 1st place earnhardt 2nd vickers 3rd johnson
i could see a move then for vickers to win with johnson bringing up second, this is acceptable because vickers has nothing to lose. my point is johnson was running for the championship . if he used his head for something beside a hat rack he would be sitting pretty now. with all that said it was a good day to see johnson spin out and finish bad.

As a Mark Martin fan, I can only agree with you that was one of the biggest bonehead moves I have seen for a while, but i liked it!
biggrin.gif

Only 2 people know what happend for sure... thats Johnson and Vickers... since they arent teammates anymore (since Vickers is going to Red Bull Racing next year) we will never know... anything else is speculation...

Back