Talk to me about boost controllers

tenor.png

I guess I mean more on the mechanic side, maybe boost controller wasn’t the right term. Not the ecu or “brain” but the actual solenoids or injectors and air supply, who uses co2, How did you plumb your wastegate, all that.
Everything on YouTube is car related, I just wanted some bike guys opinions

I’m using a Maxx Ecu with co2 boost control , running increase and decrease solenoids . The co2 is regulated down by Carolina cycles regulators to the shifter and increase solenoid.

I use time based boost control which is activated by clutch lever switch release. It is extremely acurate.

The benefit with the Maxx is it has a built in map sensor also. And if you buy the kit it comes with the lambda probe also.

I’m not turbo yet nor is there a turbo kit for my bike yet. I bought the dual injector block because that’s what Liguori had in his turbo package. I thought it was going to be configured like a 4 port solenoid but it’s not.

The dual injector block seems to function the same as the dual valve solenoid that FT and NLR use.

F7AFD1EF-1007-4BB5-A66F-D66056E3345C.jpeg

It seems like any of the solenoids you have listed would be strong enough to put 40 psi on the dome. What I would have hoped the dual injector block provides is accurate and fine tune adjustability. Like most things I do, that’s probably not necessary. My gut instinct is these options will give the same result.

Doug mentions that NLR was the first to use c02 for boost control in this video. I didn’t know that. I’m going to put a c02 bottle in the bike until I get a swingarm. Which is not exactly related but

Hahaha. How long of a thread do you want this to be? I can only think of two combo’s I haven’t tried
Hahaha Hey it’s a chat board right? Let’s chat- I’m curious to hear all of them. Or at least the most helpful things to know.

I’ve read through a lot of the old turbo threads here and they have left me wanting more information.

Then again one of my friends told me I jump too deep into the tech of things but that’s what I like.

My first "boost controller"
Air line off plenum thru regulator and a relay that I wired into a latching circuit
On 1-2 air shift air would get routed thru regulator to assist port
then eventually switched to Swingarm air

Then a modified GPS switch to switch thru 6 regulators for six levels of boost

Back