Talk about random

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
First of all went to the Doc yesterday on my knee, did some more exrays said bone was grown were it was supposed to everything looked great so they released me to do what ever I still have to be careful cause its not quite perfect as far as strength and movement. Time to go ride (like I haven't been doing that lol)

Bike is fixed from that same little incident I'll have some pics prolly next week sis and law took not developed yet. even a couple of riding pics. bike looks perfect.

Third I dispatch for a trucking co. one of our owner operators loaded in Blawnox PA Monday, called back 15 min later he was going over some R/R tracks about a mile from loading, Train didn't blow horn no lights or bucks at crossover, the Train took the Trailer and whole load of baby food with it down the tracks, one hell of a mess. Driver and truck are allright (talk about Lucky)

Fourth we've had some 80 degree weather here in Lubbock Tx lately, and right now its between 30-40 and supposed to snow some. dang weather sure is crazy lately(during the last year)

Random enough?

laugh.gif

Random indeed! I like it...oh, and good news about the knee!

we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday. most of it's melted off already.
smile.gif
I remember last year it went form 30's to 70 wihtin a day! Kinda fun. The alternative to ups and downs is: a FLAT LINE _ beeeeeeeeeep. no fun at all
biggrin.gif

And just what's going to happen to all of the kids that have no food now
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Glad you're doing better
cool.gif

Third   I dispatch for a trucking co.  one of our owner operators  loaded in Blawnox PA  Monday, called back 15 min later  he was going over some R/R tracks about a mile from loading, Train didn't blow horn no lights or bucks at crossover,  the Train took the Trailer and whole load of baby food with it down the tracks, one hell of a mess.   Driver and truck are allright (talk about Lucky)
Glad to hear about the knee.

As far as the train, unless there are witnesses confirming that the horn wasn't being sounded I would doubt the driver. I'm a Locomotive Engineer and blowing the horn is like second nature because we do it so much all day everyday. I have hit 4 vehicles and all but one said they didn't hear the horn. More like they had their heads up their butts and just weren't paying attention to the enormous train coming at them at 55 mph. Glad to hear the drive is okay but I would doubt his story. The locomotives are equipped with a "black box" that records horn and bell activity along with speed, throttle position, etc. So, if your company is going to pursue legal action be sure to request a copy of the download from the locomotive. The Railroad will probably countersue for damages to equipment and RR property.

yea its been interesting for sure about an hour b4 Brian got hit by the train, one of our company trucks got rearended in North Carolina but it wasn't that bad. I don't know if I'll ever see any of the accident pics but if I can get my hands on them I'll post em up
wink.gif

yea its been interesting for sure about an hour b4 Brian got hit by the train, one of our company trucks got rearended in North Carolina but it wasn't that bad.   I don't know if I'll ever see any of the accident pics but if I can get my hands on them I'll post em up
wink.gif
Sweet. Got pictures of the last one I hit, but don't feel comfortable posting them.

Two weeks ago, in Michigan, a kid Tboned one of our trains a coworker was operating. Crew didn't see it, found out because it derailed the railcar he hit. Some of his um remains were on the side of the railcar. His auto caught fire.

Glad to hear about the knee.

As far as the train, unless there are witnesses confirming that the horn wasn't being sounded I would doubt the driver.  I'm a Locomotive Engineer and blowing the horn is like second nature because we do it so much all day everyday.  I have hit 4 vehicles and all but one said they didn't hear the horn.  More like they had their heads up their butts and just weren't paying attention to the enormous train coming at them at 55 mph.  Glad to hear the drive is okay but I would doubt his story.  The locomotives are equipped with a "black box" that records horn and bell activity along with speed, throttle position, etc.  So, if your company is going to pursue legal action be sure to request a copy of the download from the locomotive.  The Railroad will probably countersue for damages to equipment and RR property.
thanx for the post I understand what you're saying as for the blowing the whistle I've never witnessed one not doing it even if I would rather they didn't(loud) The Insurance(ours) man took pics of other trailer parts where others have been hit says its a very dangerous crossing(layout, visibiliy and etc) the way it sounds it needs lights and crossbucks. oh well thats for insurance companies to figure that out if our fault we have insurance as well so no biggy just glad the driver is alive, one second slower would have prolly got truck and you even know what the result of that would be.

we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday.  most of it's melted off already.  
smile.gif
  I remember last year it went form 30's to 70 wihtin a day!  Kinda fun.  The alternative to ups and downs is:  a FLAT LINE  _       beeeeeeeeeep.  no fun at all  
biggrin.gif
30 to 70's =Texas weather

Back