Taking my DMV physical for my Class A today

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Mandatory pass every two years here in California to keep your Commercial License active, not the Class C or M1. I guess the older you get, the more you wonder if you'll pass it?

Picture 1182.jpg

Not just Cali bro, I take a physical every two years too. I still dont understand why my doc has to do a prostrate exam for a CDL physical. I guess because I carry a Class A. :whistle:

Not just Cali bro, I take a physical every two years too. I still dont understand why my doc has to do a prostrate exam for a CDL physical. I guess because I carry a Class A. :whistle:

Didn't know what other states require? Has the quitting smoking helped? and how is that?,you did quit right?

CDL's are national and not state goverened, that is why they are such a pain. I did quit smoking, but I have not had to retake the physical since I quit. It has been 6 months now, Feb 4th was the last puff I had. I will help for sure.

I believe it's 2 year nationwide.I have to carry Class A just to work on the rigs.And sometimes deliver them after repairs,but not too often.

CDL's are national and not state goverened, that is why they are such a pain. I did quit smoking, but I have not had to retake the physical since I quit. It has been 6 months now, Feb 4th was the last puff I had. I will help for sure.

Makes a big differance on your blood pressure.Stay away from coffee or anything with high caffiene before you get your physical.That can make a huge differance in pressure.Found out the hard way.Had to go back in 3 months to get rechecked.Dropped the caffiene 8 hrs before I went in and no smoking 2 hours before test.Passed with ease.

it is 2 years nation wide, that happened when CDL registration went federal.. The made them all the same.. (this physical is tougher than the "class A" for flight physicals btw..)

Well I've been drug, alcohol and smoke free for years and have been watching my salt and sugar intake lately, but I did have a big cup of coffee this morning without thinking about it, we'll see. Will post the results this evening.

Last edited:
Well I've been drug, alcohol and smoke free for years but I did have a big cup of coffee this morning without thinking about it, we'll see. Will post the results this evening.
just stay away from the poppy seed rolls/buns/bread...

Mythbusters showed they will fail you on the drug test..

Oh, I PASSED :cheerleader: dancing in the streets. Anyone that has to is glad when it's done. Funny, I noted my left wrist fracture on the forms as required from May 2 and he didn't question or check it, glad it's over.

flowers + xrays 090.jpg

Yup every 2 yrs here in MS we have to do the DOT physical for us to keep our class a

Back