tail section

busababy007

Registered
my bike is stretched 33" from swingarm bolt to rear wheel bolt, my factory tail light is right above the crown of my tire, what lenth tail section would I need? Please consider that I want to keep my trunk in the hump without giving up on he street look, also I would like to keep my tail light and turn signals. 6,8,or 12 and give me a website.:banghead:

What is it stretched over factory? That will be the determining factor. The 33 inches don't really mean much. I think tiger racing has some for street use, which have hump, truck and utilize rear pegs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like your stretched at 10 over so the extended tail would be call 8 inches. Do a google search ( or Yahoo ) for Hayabusa extended 8 tail...you'll find sites for them. Or hit up site sponsors 1st:beerchug:

Longest street tail made is 6" over stock that retains the factory hump anything longer you would have to purchase a Supersport Tail where hump and tail are one-piece. Extened tail can be supplied from some of the sponsors on te site and is made by Catalyst Racing.

Are you talking centerline to centerline of the bolt? Mine is 29.25" and i have the 4" over tail from catalyst. I can still go back on my wheelbase and have good clearance. Id say the 6" tail would look really good. Just depends on how low you want that b@tch to sit.

Here is a pic

IMG_7714.jpg

I'm talking about where the swingarm bolts to the frame, to where my rear tire bolt is located on the end of the swingarm. The swingarm is 12 over and 33" bolt to bolt, by the way nice bike sean. thanxs

Your only gonna find 4 or 6 over tails that still use the hump like street tail.We carry bodywork if you end up needing some..

Get the 07-08 GSXR 1000 Tail conversion Sport Chrome is selling. You will lose a ton of weight, get all the tire clearance you need and it will make the Busa look BADASS!

Last edited:
Back