Tail Of The Dragon Info

vmaxbaby

Registered
Hello All,

Never been to the Dragon but me a couple of guys are planning a trip this year. Where is good place to stay that is affordable, biker friendly, and close to all the main roads for riding.

Thanks in advance,

Vmaxbaby

32 Views and no replies yet?

First, check out Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

That's a good site with the info you're looking for.

The Deal's Gap Resort is actually on the Dragon. That's absolutely as close as you'll get to the Dragon itself. They're at dealsgap.com, Deal's Gap, North Carolina information guide, The Dragon, US Hwy 129, Great Smoky Mountains

A lot of people around here know plenty about the Dragon and surrounding areas. I'm sure you can get your questions answered.

Good luck planning your trip! :beerchug:

Last edited:
I have stayed at the Microtel, Phillips and Two Wheel inn.

All of them are ok. The 2 wheel has a garage for your Busa

Fontana Village is a little farther out,(less of a frat party feel), but I liked it:thumbsup:

Don't limit your self just to the Dragon Tail, there are plenty of better road with few bike than that stretch of the road.

I found staying at Phillips is pretty central to what you would need. Staying up at CROT might be a little remote for the evenings, but i am sure it would be adventure.

me and 2 friends will be up for rides on friday and sat and maybe sunday morning....you can call or text us 574 904 8146 todd

Hello All,

Never been to the Dragon but me a couple of guys are planning a trip this year. Where is good place to stay that is affordable, biker friendly, and close to all the main roads for riding.

Thanks in advance,

Vmaxbaby

My friend and I are headed up May 15th weekend. We are actually staying in Franklin NC and we are gonna ride to the Dragon. I know there are a lot of killer curvy roads in the area so the Dragon is just for like to say I have been. Hope you guys have fun.

I'll be up May 24 till May 29. PM me if your in the area, I know a few places.

We will stay in Robbinsville NC because there are more stores and restaurants in the area. The resort at the gap is fun but there is no cell service, and everything shuts down early. I would suggest that you avoid the area on weekends as they have so many bikes you cant enjoy yourself. Increased traffic also brings out increased Law Enforcement so thats even more reason to avoid the area.

and one more thing :rulez:STAY IN YOUR LANE!!:rulez:

Back