Tail Light

dandml

Registered
Went for a ride yesterday (60 miles) and then put the Busa ('05) in the garage (late afternoon). After the sun goes down the wife says the Busa's lights are on. I go to the garage and just the tail light is on even though the key is in my pocket. So I start her up to make sure the battery isn't dead (I'm going to need a new battery soon), let it idle for 3 or 4 minutes while I check all the brake, flasher, turn signal lights, etc. Everything seems OK. When I shut her off all the lights go out like they should. The tail light hasn't come on since - except when I want it to. Problem? Wiring short? Alien fluke?

BTW - I told the wife electrical shorts are hard to fix and suggested an '08 as the solution. Anyone have tail light problems on their '08?

It's not a problem. You probably turned the key one click past the "lock" feature. That turns the tail light on.

you probably did what I did... turned the key too far and put it into the edge accessory mode...turn signals probably worked too..

I did this at work, came out to dead battery.. took me a day to figure out "how" the battery died... I had just turned the key a bit too far.. (key still comes out just fine, if you put the key half way into lock and turn it back clockwise, it will turn just far enough to turn off light and lock the ignition

Yea thats the vallet feature and if you ride a busa and you dont know that all bikes have that im scared for you. On the busa it seems to be just the tail light and the emergency signals. On other bikes its all the running lights. After the stearing lock theres a accessory feature where the key can be removed and the running lights stay on for being stick by the side of the road. You can take the key with you ya know.

Park Mode?  D'oh!  
banghead.gif
   I'm usually just in Ride Mode.  
ThumbsUp.gif

Change my handle to "Stupid".  
corner2.png

Back