Tail light won't work

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
I just installed black stock rear sets on Big Red. Now when I press down on the rear brake pedal the back tail light doesn't do anything (it's suppose to light up). I made sure the wire is connected. Everything looks fine. What could be the problem?
Thanks,
Donald

adjust the brake light switch. It's been a while since i played with mine but if I recall correctly, the brake switch housing ( the thing you plugged the wires into) actually threads into the framework supporting it. You can remove the wires and turn the switch clockwise and counterwise to adjust it until it gets activated by the brake arm.

adjust the brake light switch.  It's been a while since i played with mine but if I recall correctly, the brake switch housing ( the thing you plugged the wires into) actually threads into the framework supporting it. You can remove the wires and turn the switch clockwise and counterwise to adjust it until it gets activated by the brake arm.
+1

what they said.. take the wires off and turn the switch.. reconnect the wires and check it... its activated by the spring that pulls on the plunger of the switch..

You get it?
rock.gif

Whew, this one saved me. I was attempting to adjust my rear brake, and the spring on the switch fell off the brake pivot thingy on the rear set.

I was turning and nothing was happening. Finally saw the loose spring dangling, hooked it back up.. wah-lah.. brake lights.

Thanks!
bowdown.gif

Back