Switchback LEDS flasher

karnage

Registered
So the relay I got that was supposed to work with LEDS doesnt.So with switchbacks, do I need the inline load resisters for the swithcbacks to flash??I will say those white LEDs are hella bright.

From what I understood, the inline resistor is "suppose" to correct the rapid flash rate. I put them on my setup, it did slow the flash rate down somewhat but not to the "OEM" flash rate.
I took my resistors out and trashed em. I picked up a automobile flasher and did that mod and called it a day.
:thumbsup:

My problem is that my rear undertail leds flash but my front switchbacks wont flash, the amber comes on but no flashing.

My EP35 LED flasher works just fine with my switchbacks? I dont know why you are having a problem? Get the EP35 from autozone if it isnt the one you are using.

Check your wiring to just in case. The switchbacks are touchy.

I put in a normal 1157 bulb and it flashes fine.I think the drop in relay was faulty because it wouldnt do anything.It was supposed to work in the stock plug bu work with LEDs.I will get the EP35 relay and hope that solves my issue.My wiring is fine.I swapped them and the amber came on bu white so that tells me it was wired fine.

My EP35 LED flasher works just fine with my switchbacks? I dont know why you are having a problem? Get the EP35 from autozone if it isnt the one you are using.

Check your wiring to just in case. The switchbacks are touchy.

i went to 2 autozones and they didnt have a ep35 led relay they said that its one of the things that they are cutting down in stores and is a website only thing but going on their website i didnt find it on there

i went to 2 autozones and they didnt have a ep35 led relay they said that its one of the things that they are cutting down in stores and is a website only thing but going on their website i didnt find it on there

Maybe advance auto parts is where i bought it? One of those two places. I know one didnt have it. It is probably not a popular product :laugh:

I used a two pole flasher relay. Looks just like the old mechanical types but it was kinda smoked looking. I'm not using switchbacks. But am using the integrated led taillight

Bought the EP35, wired it in and still no go.:banghead::banghead:Auto illumination says I need load equalizers along with a better flasher to make the switchbacks work.I have the dual LEDs that light either color in one LED so maybe thats the difference.Most of these have LEDs for each color so maybe that makes the difference.I am starting to not like this easy mod now.

My switchbacks i bought from autoillumination work just fine with the ep35? that is so weird....

I bought 2 10 ohm 10 watt resisters sunk in ceramic from radio shack for $3 and now the blinkers work great.:thumbsup:They are still a little fast but they flash.This is with the stock flasher relay.The EP35 relay just buzzed.

Back