Swingarm shims

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
Installed a new set of Avon Viper Sports this weekend and everything went well except I noticed the rear brake pads were paper thin.

Picked up a new set today and as I was glancing over the shop manual I noticed a shim on each side of the swingarm where the axle goes through.  My bike has never had a shim on the right (caliper) side.  They are held in place by a single screw, but I can't even feel a screw hole on the right side...I'd have to pull the wheel to be sure though.
Anyone else have a shim only on the left side?  I'm thinking the design might have changed by the '04 model year or it might be country specific, like the axle nut cotter pin only being used in US and Canada models.

I have a swingarm off a 05 and there is only one on the left side (chain side) right side has no hole for a retaining screw
all_coholic.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,23:29) I have a swingarm off a 05 and there is only one on the left side (chain side) right side has no hole for a retaining screw  
all_coholic.gif
Thanks.
super.gif

I was thinking it might have been left off at the factory. Must just be a minor design change.

Back