swingarm extensions

tsmith

Registered
plan to install 6 inch extensions. i have lowered the back 2 3/4 inches and 1 inch in the front+strapped. ?? when i add the leverage to the swingarm what will i need to do to the rear shock/spring??

More than likely get a stiffer spring.

I rubbed a hole in my undertail, ( Stiffer Spring )

I installed an Gen 2 rear shock, the spring rate is higher than the Gen 1. I also played with the compression setting on the shock after I installed it. You will have to adjust for the track if you plan on running it there.

better yet. please tell us where to get the stiffer springs. I have been searching the org for an hour looking.thanks!

Try Race Tech. If you tell them the how many inches over stock your're extended, plus your weight, they will tell you the correct spring to purchase.

When u put the extensions on it will raise the tail a bit...... a stiffer spring wouldnt hurt either... i weigh about 250 didnt need one but to each its own!!!:thumbsup:

When u put the extensions on it will raise the tail a bit...... a stiffer spring wouldnt hurt either... i weigh about 250 didnt need one but to each its own!!!:thumbsup:

You need one if you are lowered. The stock shock and spring are set up for stock length and I think a 165lb rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back