Suzy got to play today!!

Fast in Phoenix

Registered
What a freakin' fantastic day!!!

Had today off (Monday), figured I'd take Suzy up into the mountains. Did the run through Prescott National Forest-20 miles of beautiful winding road. It has everything, tight twisties, fast sweepers, and smooth banked turns everywhere!
biggrin.gif

Had the new Diablo's that I hadn't really got a good chance to scratch in.

Did the road 4 times and only saw maybe 10 cars, and they got right the hell out of the way!!
wow.gif
I had the best time I ever had on 2 wheels...even tore up the side of my shoe in a fantastic 180 turn (twice)! And, as if the Hayabusa gods couldn't favor me more, on my second pass, I looked over toward the edge and was amazed to see that I was being paced by the biggest damn hawk (or maybe falcon, I dunno)-he followed me for a good mile or so before breakin' off! He was no more than 50-70 feet away the whole time!!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, enough babbling (I'm still freakin' wired!)... time for some pics
wink.gif

First, this is where I was...

biggrin.gif

So, now that you've all seen it...who can resist-come, ride with the AZ guys!

P.S.- Sedona is coming in the very near future...scenery so good it's hard to stay on the road!

Hey ... thanks for sharing ... great story and nice pics. I can't wait for the mercury to rise just a little more, so I can get out there and scuff up my new Diablo's.

DJ

DJsBanner.jpg

Nothin' like a good twisty mountain road to bring a tear to your eye.......Thanks bro that's beautiful!!

Just like home......and I never....NEVER leave home without powderin up first!

Gotta keep the twins happy, ya know?
laugh.gif

That center stripe is the dirt I rolled into to stop...the sides all look clean because of the rubber being burned off...unlike your rear tire, there's no chicken strip to compare it to...
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Sounds like fun, some friends and I are planning a trip to Asheville, NC for a little mountain riding. The Blue Ridge Parkway can be a little intimidationg though. Good pics.

Nice!!!!! I'm jelous, I'm couped up in 20 degree weather here in Jersey. About another week and us North East folk should be hitting the streets again? If it don't snow.......

now thats how to wear out a tire !i been trying for that lean for awhile now. almost there got about a 1/16 to go.

Back