Suspension suggestions

Karl_1052

Registered
Sport Rider lists of recommended suspension settings for all the bikes they test on their website, and in the mag. Unfortunately, they don't have this listed on the website, and it is not in the latest magazine.
Does anyone know where I can find the info?

I weigh 250lbs, in case someone has some recommendations.

TIA

do yourself a huge favor if you arent real savy with suspension set ups like myself. talk to local riders and locate someone who knows how to set it up properly for your weight. i paid i think $35 and what a difference it made

set the sag!!! im 280lbs and i think it took 3 turns of spring pre-load on the rear shock to get my sag #'s and took all the spring pre-load adjustment on the front forks, infact to really do it right i need to put heavier springs in the front of mine

Jinx did a thread on it.  Do a search for suspension.  
also check out http://www.racetech.com
Are you sure about the link,

It seems to be a runners clothing web-site???
rock.gif

Site worked for me. I liked the pic at the bottom left of the Kawi. There is a busa in the back ground that looks like it got a better whole shot!

do yourself a huge favor if you arent real savy with suspension set ups like myself.  talk to local riders and locate someone who knows how to set it up properly for your weight.  i paid i think $35 and what a difference it made
+1
x10 When you have yoru suspension setup make sure you have your gear on as well.

On the stock suspension you wont be able to get the latent sag right because of your weight but they'll be able to improve things overall for you. Alot comes down to how you ride and the level of feedback you like to get from your suspension.

Also remember that when ridding two-up it'll be off.

In my experience, its hard to get the sag right for us heavier guys on the new sportbikes. Which is why I really am planning to get an Ohlins shock (sprung for my weight) and some heavier springs for the fork, very shortly. I have the Ohlins stuff on my GSXR and ZRX, and all I can say is that it totally transforms the bike. Makes it feel 75 pounds lighter, and totally responsive to every input I make when riding. I really love it...

Back