Suspension Settings on K8

Jza

Registered
Hey folks,

Anyone have a good setup for my K8 they'd care to share?

I've searched around but can only find for the Pre K8 model?

I weigh 250 lbs by the way.. not sure how much of a difference that makes?

Jza

I started with the Sport Rider settings but found them to be too soft for me at 6'1" 195lbs. I just adjusted everything to one click/turn harder this morning. Good luck with the rear shock. It's an unbelievable pain in the balls to adjust the preload and comp-damping. They are hard to reach! I used a small bit-ratchet for the comp and a spanner head on a 3/8 ratchet for the preload. Anyone with a better spanner wrench tool please chime in. I'd like to adjust the shock without busting my knuckles or taking parts of the bike off.:banghead:

I'm using the Sport Rider setting and it is much better for me than the stock setting. The bikes is more comfy now and still turn as it should. I'm not the biggest guy around (150 pounds).

250lbs? your gonna need to upgrade, Im 285, go get a rebuild and heavier spring,will be the best $300 you spent

traxxion dynamics will hook you up,just google them

The genII busa is set up close to a 170-185lb. rider. Better then the genI , but a new set of springs front and rear well help you out with your weight.

Wow new springs... damn... didnt think it was that bad just thought a few mins with spanners and screwdrivers would help.

If i take the magazine settings, do i just add +1 to everything to make up for my extra weight or something?

Probably a good idea to adjust one setting at a time and feel the diff,then work from there. Took me a weeks worth of riding to dial it in,lots of stopping to make adjustments.I worked one end at a time and had to go back and forth(PITA).It is well worth the trouble though,night and day diff. Helps you to understand the bikes dynamics better.:beerchug:
I also changed my front springs,biggest diff. by far! A different bike after,but then I had to re-adjust all over again:poke:....:beerchug:

Back