Superbike Schools

OB_Falconer

Registered
I've got to be honest -- the Hayabusa is a better bike than I am a rider.

I hear it saying "Come on, let's boogie! You can go faster than this!", and I'm saying "Hold on there big feller, I don't want to get us both in a lot of trouble!"

Have any of you gone to a superbike school -- what was your experience?

Any recommendations?

I want to be an even match for my new [And INCREDIBLE!!!] buddy.

I signed up for the Class School put on by Reg Pridmore coming to this area(Seattle) in September. I really look forward to getting some lessons from the pros. There was an editorial in either Cycle World or Motorcyclist about schools some months ago which listed web sites and phone numbers.

I just took Jason Pridmore's Star School last week in Topeka, KS and I can say that I learned more than I though I could. It was a fun school but I didn't ride the Hayabusa. It wasn't broke in yet and still isn't. A buddy let me ride his F3. I wanted to break out my XX but didn't have time to unload it off the trailer. I'm going to take another Star School when it comes around this fall!

Bonus-Pridmore gave us rides on the back of a bike (this case 99 Katana 750) and he leaned into the corner as if he was on his superbike. Made me realize just how far I could lean into the corners.

More lessons learned that day too!

I would recommend Ed Bargy Racing School in the South-East. It's AMA and WERA certified and acredited. He teaches basics as well as experienced Rider/Race courses and techniques. He has classes at Talladega, Road Atlanta,and Roebling Rd in Savannah , Ga. I got my RR license back in 96, and i learned what the bike was doing and what it was telling me while riding it. He teaches Braking, Cornering, acceleration.....you name it, he teaches it. An 8 hour school day is about $160 which included a free practice at your next track appearance. I was riding a GSXR750 at the time, now i'm riding a Busa ( Copper/Silver ) and i admit the handling is very close to my old 93 GSXR1100 in the turns. I could ride good before the Bargy school ( we ride US 129 every weekend ...318 turns in 11 miles..) but i sharpened my skills as a result of my Bargy School...
Bo

Back