Strut or No????

cueball

Registered
I have an 04 LTD and I'm getting ready to lower it and stretch it probably 6". I like the lowered look in the rear but I am afraid It will hit my Hot Bodies undertail. I was told to replace the rear shock with a strut. I was just wondering how the ride would be. Does anyone know??????

struts are for bar racers only. Not for street use.

What he said.

It will help you out if you get a shock that is setup up for your body weight and the length of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will ride like crap. well it will ride like a rigid frame chopper. Get a stiffer spring, Racetech used to sell them $100-120.00 the price may be a little higher now.

if you stretch and lower, and not do anything to the shock, it will rub your undertail. i don't know if crankin down on the stock shock is the answer. maybe a slightly longer/stronger spring could be modded in. i donno. not many answers, but i do know it will rub.

Dude for real look into getting adjustable dog bones do the you won't have to remove your shock... I race with my stock shock and adjustable, and my bike is slammed about 2 1/4 from the ground... Rides smooth...

get a heavy duty spring, think you can do atleast 500lbs extra. Had a strut on the last bike and it aint happenin again.

This is what happens with the stock spring crunk down to keep it from rubbing

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

That looks brutal...... Ive had the spring clamped down and rode with a strut. I was still rubbing with the spring crimped down but im also 300 suited... Strut kept from rubbing on my hard launches but was a bear to ride with..

Ive since gone to a rigid swingarm that replaces the whole suspension system - but my busa is drag-only....

yeah when the shock broke, between the spring press. n the hydr. press. coming out of shock it shot me bout 6-8 ft. in air above my bike as it kept going

Back