Stoner's Done..

Holy crap! You have got to be kidding!

I said to myself when his child was born, "bet this slows him down a little"...but I didn't think he'd QUIT. But, Adriana IS a hottie....

Honda ought to Pick up Rossi....

He said he doesn't have the Passion for it anymore and is looking to do other things.

Said the media had a lot to do with his decision as well as his interpretation of how the championship has changed. Went on to say how big factory teams have killed the competition, how no one appreciates what they have or (my take) what he has done. I want to say he feels like he was never celebrated as a champion or celebrated as say Lorenzo or Rossi.

Seems he is a bit of a whiney little ***** as my wife said. Great rider, tremendous loss to the grid and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Thanks Casey.

You guys are all so easy to fleece. Stoner is not going anywhere. He is simply laying the ground work for more money next season. As far as I know the only talent Stoner has is wiping his butt and riding motorcycles? Since nobody is interested in paying him to wipe his butt that leaves motorcycles.

He said he's done with MotoGP. Maybe he's going to follow in Biagi's footsteps and start racing in the Superbike class?

I hate to hate, but I don't like Stoner's swagger. I think he got a weak deal when he went to Honda and he is trying to get a better one like Tuf said. This is mister excuse: "Bikes not right but I can ride it", "I have a cold", "My arms are pumping", "I'm lactose intolerent"......

Nothing pisses me off more than a rider throwing his team under the bus. Shut up and ride the bike. This guy is always whining. I don't think I have ever seen someone with that much talent who was such a wuss!. Personally, I think Stoner has dominated when he had the best bike (the 2007? Ducati and the current Honda). He is without doubt a great rider skill wise but he just doesn't have the heart of a racer like Rossi (in his prime) or even Jorge.

Really, Honda could just say bye to him. That would probably open the door for Yamaha to win but Spies isn't all that happy and Nicky is still riding well even on the Ducati? Factories spend a lot of money to get the tech advantage to win and that only lasts for a few years. So to have your ace decide to "hang up his boots" in the middle of the winning streak sucks.

If I were Honda I would let him go.

I hate to hate, but I don't like Stoner's swagger. I think he got a weak deal when he went to Honda and he is trying to get a better one like Tuf said. This is mister excuse: "Bikes not right but I can ride it", "I have a cold", "My arms are pumping", "I'm lactose intolerent"......

Nothing pisses me off more than a rider throwing his team under the bus. Shut up and ride the bike. This guy is always whining. I don't think I have ever seen someone with that much talent who was such a wuss!. Personally, I think Stoner has dominated when he had the best bike (the 2007? Ducati and the current Honda). He is without doubt a great rider skill wise but he just doesn't have the heart of a racer like Rossi (in his prime) or even Jorge.

Really, Honda could just say bye to him. That would probably open the door for Yamaha to win but Spies isn't all that happy and Nicky is still riding well even on the Ducati? Factories spend a lot of money to get the tech advantage to win and that only lasts for a few years. So to have your ace decide to "hang up his boots" in the middle of the winning streak sucks.

If I were Honda I would let him go.

Lol! And I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the little sniveler. :thumbsup:

He sure got put right in his last race.:laugh:

I agree with the last few posts, he is an attention seeking junkie, winning is not enough. Likes the drama. Apparently, Honda doubled his salary offer for next year, which he refused. I won't be suprised if we see him back next year.

It was interesting in the after-race comments where he spent a lot of time blaming the rear-tire...Not like anyone else didn't have tire trouble.

Jeez, MOTO2 was crash city - one rider even ran his bike over the finish line ...haven't seen the MOTO3 race yet but I hear only half the field actually finished.

If one compares the last MotoGP with FIM, there is such a difference in professionalism and talent. The rain in both instances shows that.

Sad that Ben Spies is not featuring, but again the upgrade for him from SBK was a big step, running with the big dogs is a different ball game.

Back