Stock pipe baffling

PONCHO

Donating Member
Registered
a buddy suggested removing the baffling from my stock pipes. is this somthing that is pretty common? how will it effect my bike?(besides the obvious sound increase).

not real commoon. Only do it if your are strapped on cash, othrwize get bolt ons or a whole pipe system. Also easier to go in through the exhaust opening and put a 1 inch hole through the baffles.

Not a good idea
idea3.gif
since the baffling is part of the back pressure system of the exhaust. The change can (or may not) effect your power ! Even slip on manufacturers suggest a PC with their units. Not required, but suggested because of the back pressure change. With computers and the high state of tune in modern day motorcycles the old back yard drill and do method can really screw things up REAL FAST ! And since your asking this question, I'am sure you don't have the equipment to monitor or check the changes  
beerchug.gif

a freind of mine just bought a busa with the entire baffles cut out and yeah decent rumble but man it fell all over the place at low end was horrid so i installed my stock cans on his and much better

My stock cans have been modified...hubby drilled 1 inch holes in the cans; wish I had pics of what he did...sounds better, no issues to complain of...every blue moon the Busa will backfire and wake me up...
tounge.gif

Back